What Is Your Craziest/Wildest Motorized Engine Idea?

take that modified pocketbike engine, add a pocketbike CVT, a clamp-on sprocket adapter and a 72 tooth sprocket. Then 'fly like the wind.'

32:1 ratio when taking off, 16:1 at speed...

I think a steam engine bike for Canadians--we have miles of forests and tons of water.Out my backdoor is the 500 mile long kettle valley railine--imagine blowing a train whistle!
These 2 pictures are found on the moped archives

Attachments

• arc0373a.jpg
    arc0373a.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 287
  • arc0373b.jpg
    arc0373b.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
and by the time you give up all the rotational losses etc. you'll be back to 2.2HP anyway, not to mention the unreliability of freewheels and the type of chains that fit them it will be a pretty cool trailer queen to be hauled around and gawked at. LOL

Speaking of trailer queens, there's a regular at Ala Moana Park who drives a 1966 Rambler Marlin. On his bike rack is a motorized bicycle, friction drive. One day I'll meet up with him and swap stories.

:unsure:Wife has been neglecting her 24" Raleigh cruiser. I'm gonna stick one of my Subaru or Mitsubishi engines on it, just for kicks.

Air Bike?

Bumped into an old hotrodder buddy of mine at McD's. He's working on a 1936 Chevy with big-block Chevy for his friend. Year ago they did a '38 tangerine Chevy coupe that turned out awesome.

:unsure:When I mentioned motorized bikes, he mentioned he had helped a friend build an MB powered by AIR PRESSURE!!! The key to it all was a special 3600psi tank feeding an impact wrench. Sprockets were welded onto the wrench's sockets for changeability.

The bike was never completed and trashed. Friend was working on a way for the bike to re-compress air while riding, to refill the large capacity tank. :geek:

Somebody say hot rods? I know this guy with a 1957 Chevy Bel-Air sitting in his parking lot! :D

I had an idea to mount a mini-generator on the bike rack, and run power straight to an electric hub-mount. I was thinking the generator would just idle, and just drop it down to 72VDC or so. I am sure it'd work, but prob not worth the hassle. Those little generators are CHEAP now though, found them for around $100!

3600PSI sounds insane to have sitting behind you! I am a paramedic and saw an ambulance wreck where the 1000PSI oxygen tank launched out of the rig and went through a brick wall! I was always aware of that big tank sitting behind me after that!

I have been dreaming about mounting one of those 49 70 or 110cc lifan motorcycle engines to a Worksman frame(nice sturdy frame and good drum brakes) and have a cool boardtracker and local scoot. The fab work would be minimal but it wouldnt have pedals anymore so its more of a motorcycle than bicycle.

Back