what kind of bike is this year and make if possible?

Wickedwitchmobile :D

Hmm, that's a tough one.
There were a lot of different companies that made that frame style back when the movie was made.
Without better pictures (her skirt covers up a lot of the bike), we may never know.
I'm gonna take a WAG and say.....a women's Raleigh Roadster

Here's a pic of a 1929 model I found on the net....

1929_Loop_Frame_Raleigh.jpg

oh, toto, whatever will we do?

munchkin killer?

note.... rod brakes.

i hate to say it, but that isnt the frame in question. maybe an expert on the wizard of OZ will know. surely some movie buff has it jotted down somewhere. problem is finding the movie buff and the answer.

but...the top tube in the pic is a lot skinnier, straight, and goes off at a slightly different angle. forks have an abrupt angle rather than a smooth curve. looks to be a shield shaped sticker/emblem just behind those front brakes...cant tell if they be caliper or rod type. surely theres other (picture)frames to look at?

me, myself would have said a BSA, but...it was an american movie, yes? arent raleigh and bsa both british? maybe that will narrow it down a bit ;) the whitewall tyres i think are a nice american type touch.

other pics of...

gulch-wizard-tornado.jpg

wizard.jpg

gulch+bike.jpg

missGulch.jpg

i seriously have nothing better to do than this?

well, i do...

they look to be cable operated brakes.

looks like a waltham safety model 1900. that chain guard threw me for a loop until I noticed that it was definitely not original.

Gas Bike

Nowadays, Gas Bike is very popular in this world.Gas bike has a less amount of price, and it avoids the noise pollution. Helio Motorized Bicycles was formed in 2009 and is the premiere 4 stroke gas bike company in the USA.

Nowadays, Gas Bike is very popular in this world.Gas bike has a less amount of price, and it avoids the noise pollution. Helio Motorized Bicycles was formed in 2009 and is the premiere 4 stroke gas bike company in the USA.
Hmmmh, Heliobikes hired someone to post in the forum for them? :devilish:

or he had a bad crash which resulted in brain damage? :D

Another forum site stated that it was a 1900 Orient with a Wald one-size-fits-all guard plus Wald basket and a Philco/Phillips centralpull brake.

dscf0055__medium.jpg

Back