What kind of cable is this?

Discussion in 'Bicycle Repair' started by Fletch, Nov 23, 2010.

  1. Fletch

    Fletch Member

    This is the cable for the handle bar choke on the CNS carb that I need to replace (on the left). I don't know what cable it is or where to find a replacement, so I'm hoping someone can identify it for me.


    Attached Files:

  2. kerf

    kerf Guest

    From what I see, it's a standard brake cable. Take it to any bike shop and you can get a replacement for a few bucks.
  3. Fletch

    Fletch Member

    The standard brake cable is the one on the right for comparison. It's just basically a smaller version. I think it is an old style gear cable, but I'm not positive. The local bike shop guy hadn't seen one before. The Shimano style gear cables are similar but the wire enters at the end, not the center. I ordered some "old style" gear cables without a picture to go by, so I have my fingers crossed.
  4. a/c man

    a/c man Member

  5. azbill

    azbill Active Member

    I agree with, and vote for, derailleur :)