What kit to buy for a newbie??

Kylelp

Local time
12:40 AM
Hello all,

I've been very interested in building a motorized bike and am ready to pull the trigger. I am thinking of purchasing a raw racer III kit. Is this a good kit to buy? Any drawbacks? I plan to use a Dremel and do the "porting", etc that i have seen on youtube on these engines. And a spring type chain tensioner.

I also will get the 50 teeth sprocket and adapter (that goes on the hub instead of using the spokes), and a pack with different sized carb jets (since i saw alot about tweaking your engine). I went with the 50 teeth sprocket (more power) since i wanna see how this does on some of the trails on our ranch. What do you think of this idea? Should i get the universal engine mounts as well?

44 teeth give you good torque. What bike is it? That makes a lot of difference.

Just get a 80cc engine kit and try it as it is. Then upgrade as needed. The racer III is the 80/100cc motor kit. i agree with @Axl 44 tooth will be plenty torquey. How steep are the trails on your ranch?

Last edited:
I plan to buy a cheaper bike from walmart unless i find something good used. Does it matter which Kit to buy?

I would personally not use BBR but to each their own.

I have a ton of stuff for sale...a complete engine all ready to go, a zeda triple 40 that has a bgf sleeved cylinder and a rep. puch head with a kx65 pipe and alot of other stuff on that build, to much to list, but can ask Yeti about this.

I even have 2 zeda bottom ends and a short rod 32mm engine, along with enough parts to build another 2 bikes.
So much more. Msg me for details.

I'd let everything go for about $400.00.

Ride Safe everyone! :)

HP

I am thinking of getting this one, will this be solid?
Those are the folks i deal with up in Montana and they are excellent...no need to spend that much for a motor kit though...this is what im using from them.

I was clocked doing 50 MPH a few days ago. its stock except for the air filter...And below is what i replaced the Air filter with.

And this is how it looks before i just changed the AF...It does also have the spring type tensioner as well...DAMIEN

Attachments

• DSCN0172.JPG
    DSCN0172.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCN0173.JPG
    DSCN0173.JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN0174.JPG
    DSCN0174.JPG
    270.8 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN0175.JPG
    DSCN0175.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 168
Dont get raw racer 3 as your first build if u plan on using a dremel bc it will be two hard to navigate a on piece jug. I would go with any 66cc. The zeda triple 40 is great. Also if u want my advice go to smolik performance. Cant beat those engines

I'd go with the Zeda, and buyer beware on the Bikeberry BBR, I got a brand new one sitting on shop floor 12 miles into breaking bottom end bearing went out and bikeberry is not honoring the warranty, sent pic after pic but been ignored for over a month now

Back