What kit to buy for a newbie??

I would personally not use BBR but to each their own.

I have a ton of stuff for sale...a complete engine all ready to go, a zeda triple 40 that has a bgf sleeved cylinder and a rep. puch head with a kx65 pipe and alot of other stuff on that build, to much to list, but can ask Yeti about this.

I even have 2 zeda bottom ends and a short rod 32mm engine, along with enough parts to build another 2 bikes.
So much more. Msg me for details.

I'd let everything go for about $400.00.

Ride Safe everyone! :)

HP
Where you located interested in the zeda bottom

Where you located interested in the zeda bottom

Virginia

Actually it's 2 zeda bottoms, but i'm only going to sell Everything as 1 whole lot.

There is so much to list even some esmolik parts. for sure two complete kits possibly there is a complete third one then the fourth would not be complete

Virginia

Actually it's 2 zeda bottoms, but i'm only going to sell Everything as 1 whole lot.

There is so much to list even some esmolik parts. for sure two complete kits possibly there is a complete third one then the fourth would not be complete
That's a screaming deal for everything HP is selling. Someone is going to get a bargain.

Hi all,

Not to hijack the thread, but what are you recommendations for a <50cc kit? B-E.com doesn't appear to carry engines smaller than 66cc and I'd like to register my bike as a moped.

If I do decide to go with a bigger engine is there any benefit to buy a BT Sport over the Triple 40?

they have a bt sport 80 kit for 180 not sure the difference between this vs the other one,

would it not be better to get a largest engine i can for the 1st time?

Plenty of 49cc kits on eBay . Seriously one measures the piston when you register it.

Thanks. That is what I was thinking regarding the displacement. I’m a little cautious about the eBay kits. I’m curious if the parts are a lower grade than what I would get from B-E.com.

I had a customer bring me a kit from an premium seller (leaving name out) for a bike and engine kit he paid $900. The bike was something that could be bought for about $300, engine kit was no different, in fact this one had issues. I wont go through all the issues. He ended up sending us a new engine. Only difference was a sticker on the engine and the large price tag. eBay and Amazon will hold all sellers to provide protection if you get a “bad” one. No matter where you get your kit, they can have issues and you have to check them. Check for proper installation, lube, missing items, clearance... etc no matter where you get it. No one will do all this for the little extra they charge.

Until you get something that’s actually custom machined $$$ or custom cast, the rest of the stuff is from the same factories in China... with the same bored workers. There can be some differences in the tensioner, clutch handle, grips and carb... again minor stuff.

Check your kit and dont use the 8.8 bolts they give you for the sprocket and the chain.

This is what I'd buy:

Then I'd buy a good engine with 76mm clutch and bolt it on.

It's a good start for beginners.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks. I’m doing an OCC Sting-Ray, which I’ve heard are a little quirky. I’m strongly considering the Pedal Chopper kit for a first build. When I add up the extra parts needed for the Sting-Ray the price of the Pedal Chopper Kit looks a little more reasonable. Especially given the assurance the parts will fit.

Back