What makes you choose motorized bicycles?

outatime88

Local time
1:39 PM
Just curious on why you guys have a passion for motorized bikes? I understand of course if one needs to get around for transportation, but I mostly mean for the hobbyists. Most people usually ask me why I just don't get a motorcycle.

For me I like just how simple, inexpensive, and lightweight everything is (for the most part). I also like trying to making small engines as powerful as possible.

for me its a nice cheap fun project bike. and for transportation purposes. and i consider them as an investment. I bought a cheap $100 dollar beach cruiser from walmart and slapped on a $90 66cc/80cc kit on and sold it for $400

Cheap and light weight, I can put 2 on my standard bumper mounted bicycle rack on the back of my RV with ease. A motorcycle rack would require a hydraulic lift and the extra weight would reduce my towing capacity. These things are cheap and a blast to ride.

Most people usually ask me why I just don't get a motorcycle.

The reason i use them is because of this, i am unable to drive a motorcycle much less a car legally due to my disability which makes it so i can't get a license, where i live these bikes do not require a license nore registration because they are considered Petal assistance.

Because "get a motorcycle" is a lot less fun than "build a motorcycle." The DIY aspect is the best part. So many problems to solve, so much tinkering and adjusting, and the never-finished nature of any project makes it an irresistible temptation for those of us who like to fool around in the garage. The thrill of riding a new build (once it's assembled for the first time) can never be equalled by a purchased bike.

Riding it is a lot of fun, but it's only half the fun. I've got a list of winter projects that the bike absolutely doesn't need but can't do without.

Fun to ride, cheap to fix or upgrade, and easy to work on.

I also ride motorcycles, build performance computers, and race cars so MBs are my cheapest hobby. Working on small motors and building stuff is relaxing to me so I like to take an hour or so after work and just tinker.

When I am done having fun with them or bored with a certain bike, I sell them locally at cost or for small $50-75 profits depending on how many curses I had to say building it :D. Working on my fourth build in just over a month!

Fun to ride, cheap to fix or upgrade, and easy to work on. So true!

Had a Monark twin 60+ years ago, till it blew a rod. ( rod bolt come loss ) Then i built my own with a 1.5 Briggs, love that bike. Then at 17 i found a Model A Ford, motor bikes were history till i found a friction drive kit, built back in the 60's put it on a bike. Now working on and building another.

Fun being a kid again,LOL............Curt

Back