what mods work best?

Ok i will tell you what i do.
But it is alot.

STAGE 1

#1 first get a expansion chamber ...Like SBP is great.

#2 a lesser toothed sprocket will get you going faster but may loose some bottom end.
I run a 36T for a long time with no problems. Now i am runing a 30T but my engine is hevily modded.

#3 Get a high compression head.
I ran the MM billet head and replaced it with this.
http://www.treatland.tv/puch-moped-70cc-hi-compression-head-p/puch-hi-comp-head-70cc-maxi.htm
For $30.00 it's well worth the money.

#4 Base and head gasket.
replace the base gasket with some thinner rubber fiber type gasket material from autozone.
If the base of the jug leaks the engine wont run for long.
I know normally the head gasket is aluminum.
I have had alot of trouble with it leaking.
I use the same rubber fiber gasket for a head gasket.
So far i havent had any issues.

#5 porting.

Raise the exhaust port about 1mm higher and cut 1mm off each side. 1.060" from top of cylinder to top of port.
Lower the intake port up to 3 mm.
Don't widen the intake port you want velocity.

Re jet the carb and get the thing tuned in as perfectly as you can.

THAT WILL GIVE YOU SOME GOOD POWER.

I WILL SHOW YOU GUYS HOW TO MAKE SUPER POWER IN A WEEK OR SO.
ORDERING PARTS TOMMOROW.

Wow thanks Rich that helps alot! I bought one of the cheap chambers that someone here was raving about (for $20)

I was looking towards getting a smaller sprocket too.

As for the head, Would it just be better to buy the new one instead of using a mill to cut it down? and If I do use a mill to cut it down instead how much is should I cut it down?

are cutting out your own gaskets? what is the stuff called?

and as for the carb, did you just re-jet the stock carb? is that all the "speed" carb is (a re-jetted stock carb)?

Thanks.

Did the head bolt right on or did you need to mod it? How do you think it compares to the "slant head" high compression one made for HT?
thanks

Chefdouglas

The head is a near direct fit.
The stud holes are for 7mm studs so they need opened slightly if you have 8mm studs. Not sure if i would try it with the 50cc and 6mm studs. But the bolt pattern is dead on for the 8mm studs.

I got rid of the aluminum gasket and used some rubber fiber gasket material from autozone. It's holding up good. I noticed even with a stock head the aluminum gaskets leak alot.

It is far better than the stock slant head.
Has a little over 5cc combustion chamber.
The stock head is 8cc.

It also has a very nice squish band and the profile matches the piston very well.
It takes the NGK HS style plugs.

It is about an inch or 2 taller than the stock head.
So you need the room to fit it.

Heres a comparison shot of MM billet head / Stock Head / and puch head.
http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac72/RidingRich/heads.jpg

It make the engine sound much better.
I would run a NGKB8HS sparkplug or a similar heat range.

It's on my bike now and i love it.

Hope to make a video this weekend.

Thanks! Looks like better cooling fins as well. I run the same NGKB8HS on my slant head and really like it. It made a HUGE difference from the stock piece of s@#t plug.

Your welcome.
I just orderd another one of those heads.
Also they have nice headgaskets for a couple of bucks.

I am going to pick up som NGKB9HS plugs later today.

Going to try it out in the puch head.

Can't hurt to run cooler if possible.

Worse case the plug fouls out.

Best case it don't and my engine runs cooler.

I bought a b6hs and a b8hs plug today and I got the gasket material. now I just need to get an engine bike and head. If I was to use a mountain bike what would be better 24 or 26"?

It depends on your hight but a 26" will probably fit better(for the engine). A larger wheel will have a greater top speed a smaller wheel will have better low end for the same RPM. Smaller wheel is more nimble but larger smoother ride. I think most people use 26 but both have advantages. I would go with what feels best and get a sprocket that fits the style of riding and terrain. Also consider the components that come stock on both. I'm a fan of disc brakes for the front. I also recommend a dual pull brake lever so left hand clutches the right brakes like a motorcycle.

ok. Ill try to find a 26" bike with disk but if not Ill work on making the other kind better. I will also look for a dual pull lever.

SBP has the dual pull levers.
I have one from pirate cycles.

Definatly good to have.

I learned that when i went to pull the clutch and grabbed my front brake instead.

Put me to the ground pretty hard. Bent my crank arm and smashe my knee real good.

ChefDouglas

Right on man.

Back