What Now? (How do I build a weed eater bike for cheap)

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
I'm wondering if the OP, got his bike started to be built yet? Or if he just went with the kit engine.
Nope...just another one post wonder is all...lol.

EDIT...My mistake, make that two posts...lol.

Sidewinder Jerry

Hate to break the news to you. A DIY build often cost more than a kit build. Unless you have a shop set up and lots of scrap parts, get a kit.

It's kind of like having just a bicycle frame then buying components and parts to build a bicycle. You'll find it's much cheaper to buy the bike as a whole than to build one.

Karl Snarl

Hate to break the news to you. A DIY build often cost more than a kit build. Unless you have a shop set up and lots of scrap parts, get a kit.

It's kind of like having just a bicycle frame then buying components and parts to build a bicycle. You'll find it's much cheaper to buy the bike as a whole than to build one.
Spot on post. Good thing i have a small shop and tons of scrap. Still cheaper to buy most things premade though. Time is money. Will it take more time to make than money is what i go by. Side jobs i charge 25 an hour, min. Usually more. An if it deals with sewer, its a lot more. 😆. Usually money isnt the issue with us guys with shops, time is. The kits are pretty decent now days too. A huge leap from the hand buzzers of yesteryears.

Axl Myk

inspectorcritic

It will cost 4 times more than a complete kit and take 6 times longer trying make parts look at Walmart.com get one for a hundred bucks complete.

And if you are unemployed go fly a sign on a street corner you should have enough by the end of day to order the next-day, depending on how good your roadside poetry is.

Karl Snarl

It will cost 4 times more than a complete kit and take 6 times longer trying make parts look at Walmart.com get one for a hundred bucks complete.

And if you are unemployed go fly a sign on a street corner you should have enough by the end of day to order the next-day, depending on how good your roadside poetry is.
You crack me up. Roadside poetry, bwuahahha, better show some skin if you want the real money.