What octane is safe & Recommended 85? 87? 91?

inspectorcritic

Local time
12:03 AM
The only word I got from a Chinese motorbike company said only to use the lowest octane the motor is designed for low octane if higher octane is used some ancient Chinese curse happens, ( I forgot the name of the Chinese curse).

Then I call up this big new 2 stroke oil company he gasps at my octane reply⛽ said those motors got to have 87 or 91 octane cuz of this and that I forgot, but those motors are weeders and chainsaws not a road runner motor.

Nothing bad will happen to your engine if you use a higher octane fuel than required. If you use a lower octane than required, you can run into problems with detonation or pinging. If you are running higher compression, I would go on the higher octane side just to be safe. Other than that, I ran both 87 and 93 in my stock motor, and it ran fine on both. Ideally, gas without ethanol added is best for the seals and gaskets in the engine.

Nothing bad will happen to your engine if you use a higher octane fuel than required. If you use a lower octane than required, you can run into problems with detonation or pinging. If you are running higher compression, I would go on the higher octane side just to be safe. Other than that, I ran both 87 and 93 in my stock motor, and it ran fine on both. Ideally, gas without ethanol added is best for the seals and gaskets in the engine.
I ran a tank of 91 through my motor and it took a big s**t dump of oil on the sidewalk scared me bad drained it went back to regular this time I change the oil mix from 32:1 to 20:1 for extra lube, guess what?
I broke my max speed to 43.6 MPH never been over 35MPH so I guess I'll go back to more oil.

I ran a tank of 91 through my motor and it took a big sh*t dump of oil on the sidewalk scared me bad drained it went back to regular this time I change the oil mix from 32:1 to 20:1 for extra lube, guess what?
I broke my max speed to 43.6 MPH never been over 35MPH so I guess I'll go back to more oil.
There is No Way in the freaking world that a slightly higher octane gasoline can Cause an engine to dump oil out on the ground like you described. Something caused it, but it sure as hell was not a few points of octane rating.

There is No Way in the freaking world that a slightly higher octane gasoline can Cause an engine to dump oil out on the ground like you described. Something caused it, but it sure as hell was not a few points of octane rating.

Want to try this in place of oil use WD-40 that way your burning 2 fuels still lubricating at the same time while preventing inhibiting the combustion with oil friction.

Also, you won't get oil blow back through the carb that dirties your air filter no oil dripping from the head or exhaust much cleaner and WD-40 colorless and odorless if half bring your bike into your residence or hotel room, no extra charge for carpet cleaning.

Try it if you get more speed more power I'll buy a gallon of it!

Last edited:
Back