What replacement spark plugs do you use? (chinese 2-stroke)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold is softer than most other metals. It does conduct better, but these engines are not supercomputers that need it :D

listen up kiddies before your spark plug you have to have a proper CDI like the jaguar CDI . There is none better I have found. The ngk B8hs the Gold colored one is a hot plug . And as far as mpg goes . if your looking to go fast well do not expect any other outcome except going fast burns more gas.

You don't NEED to have a proper CDI. Its optional. The stock one will do too. Maybe he doesn't have the money, can't find one, can't order one, or all of those.

Will a NGK cr7hix plug fit a 80cc motor..i know the NGK bpr7hix fits

oh just an FYI b8hs is not a hot plug. 8 series is the coldest you can get from NGK. and a stock CDI is most often not the reason for vibration. cranks are notorious for not being balanced to the rod and piston the motor is later assembled with,, then there is a whole rash of bevel gears not being really centered. all contributes

the cj8 is the only champion plug i will touch.
ngk all the way!

can run an E thread with a spacer.
the bmr8? is the ngk equivalent to the cj8... also stumpy.

basically i will run whatever is handy and looks ok... but only BUY ngk.

I got the NGK plug and it's slightly deeper than the original China plug. Would it be okay to run or should I get a smaller one??

oh just an FYI b8hs is not a hot plug. 8 series is the coldest you can get from NGK. and a stock CDI is most often not the reason for vibration. cranks are notorious for not being balanced to the rod and piston the motor is later assembled with,, then there is a whole rash of bevel gears not being really centered. all contributes
BS!!!! (though i do agree about the CDI, but wheres the BEVEL gear? you mean helical/spiral right?)

ngk b4hs. as hot as they get (or is that cold? i always mix em up!)
s-l640.jpg

ngk b10hs. didnt see an 11, but i do know theres a b11hIX... iridium. coldest i can see in the B thread range, at H length.
NGK-B10HS-2399-Spark-Plug.jpg

4-10 in the bxxhs series. seems to be a wider range than the 5 to 8 that you suggest.

if you REALLY want a hot plug...

champion sells one, called an "EZ start" (mostly for lawnmowers...). it equates to an NGK of 2! vague memory... j19mIH. dont quote me on that.

i dont recommend it unless you really need to now what excessive pre-ignition feels like.

as i said before, i avoid champion. they have this completely illogical coding system, like they just randomly assigned numbers to any old plug. and they fail prematurely in most engines.

NGK. uses a logical and sensible number system.

NGK! make aero grade plugs.

NGK!!!!! best damn plug in the world.

as for length...as long as its a H, or equivalent, with a thread of 12mm...it will be fine.

or did you get a BPXXHs? the P stands for "projected tip". this can cause issues with piston contact in SOME, not all, engines. if it turns over by hand, its fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back