What Schwinn bike is this?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by jimmyglitter, Mar 7, 2008.

  1. jimmyglitter

    jimmyglitter Member

    I would like to know what bike is used for the derringer cycle at


    I can't find it on the Schwinn website.

  2. Irish John

    Irish John Guest

    What bike?

    I don't think it is a Schwinn. There are other cruiser frames made by all sorts of manufacturers. maybe 'Electra' or 'Felt'
  3. Alan

    Alan Member

    I think I read somewhere that all Derringers are hand built.
  4. HoughMade

    HoughMade Guest

    Sure they are...the same way all of our motorized bikes are "hand built". I used my hands to build it.
  5. Alan

    Alan Member


    The frames.
  6. HoughMade

    HoughMade Guest

    To expand on that- look at the tank- it is a tank for an '80s vintage General Moped, as far as I can tell.


    The "BAMF-II" model they sell is none other than the Grubee 4 stroke "Whopper Stopper II" kit.

    The springer fork is a fork you can get from any lowrider website for about $40.00- I have one on my own bike.

    The "board track style" handlebars are regular beach cruiser bars upside down.

    As for the frame, it could be one of several types- but it has the single bar on top, so it is not a traditional cantilever frame where the two smaller bars run from the wheel stays all the way to the front. To me, it does not look like a Felt or an Electra, but it looks like a basic cruiser frame of some sort.

    I'm not saying they are not good bikes- I am just saying I don't see anything there that someone with moderate skills could not build.
  7. turbo/chaos

    turbo/chaos Guest

    looks almost like rolands frames from greenline or mccargie frames ther like 35 a pop if you get 50 at a time