What shall we all bet the problem will be???...lol.

I have relied on your guidance but you have failed! :ROFLMAO:
I was thinking I had failed UNTIL I saw that it was the manufacturer that screwed up putting the piston in backwards...I though the Chinese could at least know how to aim an arrow properly...Probably made by either Who Flung Dung, or his cousin How Dun Wrong...lol.

I was thinking I had failed UNTIL I saw that it was the manufacturer that screwed up putting the piston in backwards...I though the Chinese could at least now how to aim an arrow properly...Probably made by either Who Flung Dung, or his cousin How Dun Wrong...lol.
Wee Too Wong... who f***ing knows man. I was kidding. I'm a novice at this. I didn't check my first engine much aside from taking the head and jug off to make sure everything was good and aligned properly. I'm at around 300 miles or so. We shall see.

Personally I think it was a manufacturing issue, but what exactly caused it is still a mystery to me. Weird one for sure

Wee Too Wong... who f***ing knows man. I was kidding. I'm a novice at this. I didn't check my first engine much aside from taking the head and jug off to make sure everything was good and aligned properly. I'm at around 300 miles or so. We shall see.

Personally I think it was a manufacturing issue, but what exactly caused it is still a mystery to me. Weird one for sure
I have already written a very nice Email to bicycle-engines.com of my displeasure at seeing an obvious manufacturing "Boo Boo"...lol.

I have already written a very nice Email to bicycle-engines.com of my displeasure at seeing an obvious manufacturing "Boo Boo"...lol.
I honestly feel for the people who have to be a go between from customer to chinese manufacturer.... that must really suck lol.

Considering you got 1300 miles out of it I doubt they'll do anything. But I have no experience with that website since I'm in Northern Communist Land.

I honestly feel for the people who have to be a go between from customer to chinese manufacturer.... that must really suck lol.

Considering you got 1300 miles out of it I doubt they'll do anything. But I have no experience with that website since I'm in Northern Communist Land.
I didn't ask them for any special consideration in this matter, but wanted to let them know how extremely displeased I am at the moment...lol...Words other than displeased come to mind but I must obey rule #1 in the forum rules just like everybody else...lol...lol.

My question is though, How does a backwards piston after all this time cause this damage with the ring pin dropping out etc???

Even though it is out of warranty, I intend to see if bicycle-engines.com will give me something back on this motor since it was not assembled correctly at the factory

If I can explain it thoroughly to them, who knows, they may at least give me some sort of partial refund on this.

Not the best pic below i have ever taken but you will see the cylinder has no score marks or lip on it whatsoever...If it wasn't for the crack, the cylinder would of still been usable.

View attachment 177332View attachment 177334
It's cooler on the intake side and hotter on the exhaust side, so continuous heat and cool cycles on two dissimilar metals cause the pin to loose it's grip.

It's cooler on the intake side and hotter on the exhaust side, so continuous heat and cool cycles on two dissimilar metals cause the pin to loose it's grip.

It appears that the factory did actually install the piston in backwards with the arrow on the top of the piston pointing to the Intake and Not the exhaust as it should have...Really Bad mistake made by factory !!!

It resulted in the top piston ring "pin" wearing itself away against the exhaust port of the cylinder/jug eventually breaking off and causing a huge gouge in the piston and cracking the cylinder/jug and thus seizing on me.

Just what I thought, the piston is in backward. This is a very good case study into why you should always take the jug off and check those things. I've had one that only had a top ring, no bottom ring.
Just to add to this statement, if you do find your piston in the wrong way, don't remove it until you have new clips to put it back the right way.

Back