What shall we all bet the problem will be???...lol.

DAMIEN1307

Staff member
Local time
10:32 AM
This one is a new one for me...An actual breakdown resulting in my friend with a pickup to bring the bike and me back home again this morning...lol.

I was just heading back home after going to the bank, was stopped at a signal light...When we finally got the green light and was going along through the intersection, I heard this sound no louder than an almost silent fart and it all died with the rear wheel locked up solid until i pulled in the clutch lever and everything would turn just fine, I could even pedal the bike to ride home if I had wished to do so, but it was not going to start or even attempt to when releasing the clutch, Just rear wheel lockup was all it was going to do.

Got it home, removed plug to see if it would turn then etc...no dice...lol.

So what would lock up and break inside the clutch, that the clutch and rear wheel would lock up so solid that it won't turn even with the spark plug out of it but will turn just fine with the clutch lever pulled in???

Looks like some parts will need to be ordered here...lol.

Ps...So far, I am thinking some sort of "soft seize" here.

This one is a new one for me...An actual breakdown resulting in my friend with a pickup to bring the bike and me back home again this morning...lol.

I was just heading back home after going to the bank, was stopped at a signal light...When we finally got the green light and was going along through the intersection, I heard this sound no louder than an almost silent fart and it all died with the rear wheel locked up solid until i pulled in the clutch lever and everything would turn just fine, I could even pedal the bike to ride home if I had wished to do so, but it was not going to start or even attempt to when releasing the clutch, Just rear wheel lockup was all it was going to do.

Got it home, removed plug to see if it would turn then etc...no dice...lol.

So what would lock up and break inside the clutch, that the clutch and rear wheel would lock up so solid that it won't turn even with the spark plug out of it but will turn just fine with the clutch lever pulled in???

Looks like some parts will need to be ordered here...lol.
So your bike is down, we need more info. Ok with plug out it wont turn over, but if you pull clutch in it will turn over. Correct. With plug out & clutch pulled in can you roll bike & hear the piston go up & down? If you cant I'd say crankshaft broke.

Ok with plug out it wont turn over,
Of course it won't with plug out...lol...I just pulled it out to make sure there wasn't some sort of compression lock up going on.
but if you pull clutch in it will turn over.
Turn over is wrong choice of words implying that motor would try to start...That is not happening here...lol.
As previously stated, with clutch pulled in, the rear wheel and chain will turn just fine, can even pedal it around if I wish.
With plug out & clutch pulled in can you roll bike & hear the piston go up & down? If you cant I'd say crankshaft broke.
I can't here jack at my age...lol...broken crankshaft was my first thought but never heard of one breaking so quietly before.
It's really too bad...Everything ran just so fine and perfect until now, I certainly couldn't complain at how well it ran...lol.

I know you have a lot of miles on it.. maybe there was a fracture or creeping crack somewhere that finally let go? Pretty weird it didn't make much noise. Can't wait to see what it actually was.

Not really, only about 1300 miles at the moment...I've still got a cheap Seeutec that has over 6000 miles on it and still ran great when I put it away on a shelf two years ago.
Take the small bevel gear off & see if you can turn the crankshaft from the magneto side. Maybe a crank support bearings broke or locked up.

Sadly it sounds like your engine seized. Pull the cyl off and take a peak inside
That was also one of my choices for consideration along with diesels thoughts of crankshaft breakage...Thats pretty much what I am guessing.

Once I get it apart, I will let you all know which one it is...lol...Either way it kind of sucks...especially when i do not see any real reason for either or situation to have happened...lol.

That was also one of my choices for consideration along with diesels thoughts of crankshaft breakage...Thats pretty much what I am guessing.

Once I get it apart, I will let you all know which one it is...lol...Either way it kind of sucks...especially when i do not see any real reason for either or situation to have happened...lol.
Let's see some pics Uncle Damien when you get it apart. Lmao Karl would be chomping at the bit for them pics, lol as I am too. Let's see the carnage! Yes it does suck your bike is down. I know your feelings, cause I hate it when I dont have a motorized bike to ride.

Back