What shall we all bet the problem will be???...lol.

Very troubling, but do you think this is partly your fault for
not checking the position of the piston, since it was a
known problem on the early engines? There are several vids
on the net that advise checking the position on these.
I think bicycle engines owes you a new engine.

There are several vids
on the net that advise checking the position on these
And therein lies the conundrum at the time when I bought it, I purposely, at that time, did ask if taking things apart would void my 6 month warranty and was told that it would...With that thought in mind, when I sent my email yesterday for them to see Monday morning, that is the platform I am standing on since this factory goof and the resulting failure could have been averted if only they would have let my warranty stand in good faith by allowing me to do this very thing....Its called damned if I do and damned if I don't...lol.

I believe they still owe you an engine because they assumed the
engine was in good condition when you bought it which it wasn't.
They supplied a defective product.

For what theses engines cost I take down every one I buy, I've never found a piston backwards but have found slag in the transfers that if left could break off and go through the engine.

The cylinders we're seeing now are a lot cleaner than the early ones, with 08-09 engines you had to trim the piston skirt for intake clearance or the engine wouldn't perform.

Earlier cylinders had the intake port opening placed higher on the cylinder, that made carburetor clearance of the clutch stand off better. On some of the newer cylinders the Bofang carb doesn't clear.

I guess I'm glad I didn't get into this 13 years ago. On the engine I've been tearing down/ rebuilding there has been minimal slag. Too much for me but still not that bad at all.

Back