What should a new engine sound like?

Oldcrow

Local time
8:54 AM
I have never heard a motorized bike engine (tiny Chinese 2 stroke) so not sure what it should sound like. I have had many motorcycles including some single cylinder 2 strokes. The top end on this seems knochy to me, maybe that's normal for these. There's a low whiring sound when the clutch is engaged and I'm moving that I couldn't capture. Does anything sound obviously bad or out of ordinary? The engine is a Zeda 100 Firestorm, only has about 5 miles on it. I know I need to tweak the carb adjustments and check for any vacuum leaks.

Sounds good to me. (y)
Did you put any grease on this little gear ?.
pVCV9o9_RyW9ZYbLwj77Tw.png

Does anything sound obviously bad or out of ordinary?
That sounds really quite decent so far. Idle sounds really solid.
Your going to want to put just a dab of either white lithium grease or red and tacky grease...just a dab because you dont want grease to work its way to the clutch pads...lol...DAMIEN

There's a guy on youtube going by the name LA Hover that's been doing mild mods to the yd-100, might be similar issues to his. He's trying to fix the 4 stroking and hasn't tackled jets yet. He retarded the timing a little and said it helped a little. Here's his last video:

Sounds good to me. (y)
pVCV9o9_RyW9ZYbLwj77Tw.png
I did not but will do, the engine sounds rough to me, not rough like a multi cylinder miss fireing but a rattling metal on metal, it's sound like a 4 cylinder with a very stretched out timing chain slapping around , like shaking a soup can half full of steel marbles or an antique prototype hoarseless carriage. Maybe it normal for these and I'm just not use to it? I'm running 20 to 1 mix in the first tank. Very little visible exhaust smoke, also takes a long time to wind down when I release the throttle. So I'm thinking maybe a little lean, possible intake leak. Acceleration isn't smooth at all kind surges on and off, gets a little better after it's hot. I wish I had another to compare it to. Thanks

Back