what size performance carby can i get for my chinese 80cc

C

chieflets

Hi lads,

I want to improve my carby i measured other day roughtly 17mm carby i want to get more airflow to it is there any bigger carbys that will bolt in as a replacement like 21 o 26mm carby

Chieflets

New style larger carb

I have the grubee new style carb on my bike. It is nice because you can adjust the choke.

The inside openneing measured about 25mm without the ring to fit it to the size intake that came with the kit. This shoulld probably do what your're looking for.

One dealer sells it here http://skyhawkcanada.com/catalogue.html#parts

B

I have the carby with small 29mm black box with 3 air breathers atm not the old with white cover is that what ur saying i need.

I love to get a an expansion chamber exhuast muffler for the motor that grubee makes anyone know where i can get one from

Chieflets

well, after my intake gasket fiasco...i realized someone has to come up with a better manifold, the "circlular" intake just doesn't do the "rectangular" port justice :(

augidog,

you gave me link to thread with no mr simpson bit baffled with ur last post

Cheers

looks like cookie missed on the link, that wasn't me...

what i was talking about was maybe someone's improving the intake first would make more sense. the port on my 70 is nicely shaped (ellipsical/rectangular) and very clean, but the primitive round-pipe intake has to be a bottle-neck.

maybe u miss understood me,

my carby is fine ports match up manifold and cylinder head no probs there just asking for bigger carby with bigger diam for more inflow

my exhuast on cylinder head is reqtangle and my grubee stainless exhuast is round port and so is gasket witch in return restritct the flow of the exhuast.

we need a expansion chamber exhuast to make improvements and also flange that matches the cylinder head for 80cc 48 cc no problem the port is round for exhuast.

Chieflets

so you feel your 80 can utilize more fuel...check :)

my thinking was along the lines of better utilizing the fuel the stock carb already provides. i agree that an expansion chamber would surely help, but i also think the intake flow (on my "howell" 70) could be much improved with a better-matched flange/shape.

What does the port map on these engines look like? If the carb is indeed 17mm at the venturi then it should be plenty adequate with the stock muffler and stock cylinder porting. You don't really want your engine to be over carbureted. I really need to get a used motor just to pull apart and check out.
What type of speeds are you getting with the 80cc cylinder and 17mm carb?

Back