What #size sprockets should i buy?

5-7HEAVEN

:confused:yesterday i ordered 6 sprockets for my jackshaft from gokartgalaxy.com. in my haste, i ordered parts for #35 chain. when i doublechecked at this forum, i realized my chinese engine utilizes 415 chain and sprockets, aka #41 pitch. so i went ahead and ordered sprockets for #40/41 chain.
i left voicemail and email for them online store yesterday, and called them a few minutes ago. the owner clint had received my messages and pulled BOTH orders off the line, and waited for me to call him. nice guy, smart guy.
now clint says that the #40/41 sprockets will NOT work with my #415 chain. if none work, i can return everything with a 15% stocking fee.
does anyone k now if these #41 sprockets will fit my #415/#41 chain drive?
i will carefully measure the chain from link to link, and notify clint of my findings tomorrow. he's holding up my order.

thanks for help.

Myron

:cool:thanks for the "link", az.

if worse comes to worse, the width of the 415 chain may be too narrow by .060". if the chain is too narrow i can upgrade to #41 chain, which is .060" WIDER than the engine and rear sprocket.

with the sloppy specs of this kit, .060" either way may not make a difference.

i'll tell Clint at gokartgalaxy.com to send my #41 gears.

thanks again,az.

:cool:there SHOULD be sufficient clearance at the engine sprocket. if it was too tight up front, no one would be able to thread the new chain around the sprocket without removing the cover.
everything else is the same specs: pitch, roller size,etc. just the chain width is .060" over. when you measure it on a ruler, it really isn't that much of a difference, especially for equipment with loose tolerances.

:confused:dang!

my eight 40/41-size sprockets arrived yesterday. they ALL don't fit my chain, so i need to return them.

these#40/41 sprockets are 1/4" thick at the teeth, and my 415 chain is 3/16" wide.

in comparison, my happy engine and rear sprockets are 1/8" wide at the teeth.

i believe i've found 9t, 10t and 11t sprockets to fit my 415 chain, from another online source. surprisingly, they're cheaper than the ones that arrived yesterday.

wish me luck.:confused:

Myron

Back