What spark plug is best?

Well, it's actually not quite this simple. I wish it were. One thing i rarely see talked about is resistance. Coils are made to run with a certain resistance and you can either run a resistor cap or resistor plug to get the right resistance. I rarely see this discussed when wires and caps and CDIs are talked about.

Well, it's actually not quite this simple. I wish it were. One thing i rarely see talked about is resistance. Coils are made to run with a certain resistance and you can either run a resistor cap or resistor plug to get the right resistance. I rarely see this discussed when wires and caps and CDIs are talked about.
You're too deep! You only need a resister pug when there is a radio involved.

You're too deep! You only need a resister pug when there is a radio involved.
Not really, Modern 4 stroke scooter spark plug caps have a resistor built in so ya don't fry the CDI by using the wrong spark plug.
On my 2005 Whizzer M/B I use the old fashion vintage S/P wire and S/P boot so I use a resistor spark plug.

I didn't like the big bulky plastic spark plug boot with built in resistor that came with the bike.
Putting on the vintage S/P wire and boot look much better. I just use a resistor plug.

I'm not sure about your guys 2 strokes CDIs. But a 4 stroke with a 5 or 6 pin CDI must have a resistor for the spark plug or the CDI will fry

Attachments

• DSCF2297.JPG
    DSCF2297.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Back