what the heck do i have?

Ratsride

Local time
1:51 PM
hello folks, new guy here. hope i dont drag this on too long. lol. picked up 2 bikes on trade that were sitting in a barn for many years and all i know is they are whizzers. dont know the year or motor. to tell you the truth i know zero about these bikes. the bikes were mostly complete with 2 motors sitting in boxes. maybe someone previously was going to restore. one is dark blue but looks to be painted over a light blue. the other one is green and both have maroon tanks. all we can find for numbers is blue one has 10842 at the rear of the frame and the green one has 10849 at the rear of the frame. the motors have J244522 and other one just has 283 on the case. am mechanically inclined on vehicles but this is all new. worst case i will restore the bikes to new condition and hang them from the shop rafters as conversation pieces . just joined this forum but cant find anywhere that tells me the different year models
thanks
Don

Attachments

• IMG_20200401_1415462.jpg
    IMG_20200401_1415462.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 230
  • green one.jpg
    green one.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 214
Very nice, It would be a shame to hang those Whizzers from the rafters. Best to get em running.
I suggest you contact @Quenton Guenther He is the Whizzer Master A fair and honest man. He can rebuild those motors.
It would be well worth a little investment for a big $$$ return.
Please keep us informed of what ya do with the bikes OK.

hey wrench thanks for quick reply. i guess that is good news. in the trade for these bikes i ended up paying on my end $100 each for the bikes.

OMG, I'll give you $200 each 🤣 IMO there worth about $1,000 to $2,000 as they sit, as long as ya got the motors.
Then if Restored $$$

okay ill try and touch base with Mr Guenther . this is going to be a father and son thing, my boy picked the green one and i got the blue one and we currently spent the morning stripping them down to the bare frames

Attachments

• bare frames.jpg
    bare frames.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 211
The J motor was put on the Whizzer Pacemaker from 1947-1949 and the Whizzer frame can be very rare if it has a serial # 500 or below.
A patent fight between Schwinn and Whizzer. Schwinn won the fight and made the frames for Whizzer 1948 on
Looks like ya got a couple early 24" Pacemakers
PIc of a 1949 pacemaker

Attachments

• DSCF0839.JPG
    DSCF0839.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 250
There Luxembourg Whizzer, definitely not made by Schwinn.
Tires are going to be hard to find, wheels size are odd.
Very rare bikes 😁

Ray

Back