What the heck???

Heck maybe i should sell mine for 1200 dollars. And buy 6 more bike and motors and sell off ebay like these idiots do. I feel for the dumb@# who buys these bikes from these people good god how freaking stupid are people now days.

"black widow edition" he says....

It has a red seat and crooked stick on letters on the gas tank.... what in the &^%$^ makes this a "black widow edition"???

and 2.75 horsepower..... really now, did he dyno this thing???

price is relative

I think that most motorbicycle owners never think their time has any value. How long does it take you to set up and build a bike and a motor? I actually modify the frame and forks on my bikes (I weld a new set of horizontal track ends to my frame and then weld a rear derailleur hanger to the pedal side) On my latest build I set it up with a longer front fork and welded new cantilever mounts to match the 26 in wheels.

At my local bike shop they charge two hundred and fifty bucks for just tune-up(during the summer) So maybe if you can get somebody to back up their work maybe it's not that big of a price to pay.

On the other hand,if all their selling is a stock huffy and a stock skyhawk then somebody is getting taken. I am thinking that the right price would be about three hundred dollars.

mike

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
On the other hand,if all their selling is a stock huffy and a stock skyhawk then somebody is getting taken. I am thinking that the right price would be about three hundred dollars.

mike

I see nothing more here then a virgin unmodified bicycle....

And check out that chain tensioner...

If you can get your engine chain correct without the tensioner.... that's a good thing.

Personally.... I'd rather use the tensioner on the pedal side. (if need be)

I see this all the time. If you look around e-bay a lot you will see the same thing. There are a lot of people who are building these bikes and trying to sell them for a ton of money. I guess that they must think that the average person has no idea that you can buy an engine kit for a bike for a little over $100.00. It's like they think that what they have is one of a kind and that it's something unique, and that's why they put such a high price on it.
now, if it's a one off custom built bike that is extremely well done, with hand made parts and custom paint that's one thing.
If it's something like this that's just a stock bike with a motor kit bolted to it, that's another thing.
I really like his stick-on vinyl lettering on the tank....now THAT'S custom...lol.
I love how his description says " custom made in black widow style."...lol
$1200.00....if this thing sells for $1200.00, i need to start a business.

Back