What to expect

It's possible the rear bearings were never properly adjusted and/or were loose. I've had it happen before.

I put my new carb on today. I may not have been super gentle as far as a break in goes. I hit 40 pretty easy with enough flat road.

I put 20 miles on it today before it seems my rear hub failed. The pedals just spin and the tire wobbles alot. Of course I didn't have my phone on me and was a ways from the house.

I think I want to pickup a donor mountain bike. That should be a cheap way to steal brakes and get a multiple speed wheel. I think I want to use a jack shaft kit and get some gearing.

It's def not like riding a motorcycle but I had a blast on it today.
The company that made the good jackshaft kits went out of business. With that being said be sure to upgrade all bearings on whatever one you get. Also know that they are a total pain to get adjusted correctly but can be fun once you do. I have one on one of my bikes and can only use 3 of seven gears but it takes off easily from dead stop and hits 45 with no problem and it's only an 80cc. As I said before if you need any advise you can message me with any questions that may arise. Ride safe, and for future look into some good wheels. Gemini Bicycle Products make a superior wheel just for these motorized bikes...

dddddddddd
The company that made the good jackshaft kits went out of business. With that being said be sure to upgrade all bearings on whatever one you get. Also know that they are a total pain to get adjusted correctly but can be fun once you do. I have one on one of my bikes and can only use 3 of seven gears but it takes off easily from dead stop and hits 45 with no problem and it's only an 80cc. As I said before if you need any advise you can message me with any questions that may arise. Ride safe, and for future look into some good wheels. Gemini Bicycle Products make a superior wheel just for these motorized bikes..
I've looked at the Gemini wheels and have seen videos on them... and they look / seem great. The price tag sets me off, but I may just bite the bullet.

It's hard for me to take prices like that and throw them on a bike that cost $150 to buy stock lol.

That being said, as china as my frame is, it's held up quite well. Yes the drop outs aren't perfectly aligned. But there are NO signs of weld cracks or anything of the kind.

Maybe somewhere here knows. I prefer V-Brakes. I don't want to mess around with discs. My Vbrakes don't perform all that well. Are there Vbrake pads that exist that are better than stock china crap?

dddddddddd

I've looked at the Gemini wheels and have seen videos on them... and they look / seem great. The price tag sets me off, but I may just bite the bullet.

It's hard for me to take prices like that and throw them on a bike that cost $150 to buy stock lol.

That being said, as china as my frame is, it's held up quite well. Yes the drop outs aren't perfectly aligned. But there are NO signs of weld cracks or anything of the kind.

Maybe somewhere here knows. I prefer V-Brakes. I don't want to mess around with discs. My Vbrakes don't perform all that well. Are there Vbrake pads that exist that are better than stock china crap?
I'm sure there probably are but I haven't done much research on them. The softer the pad the more grip but that also means you'll probably go through them faster. Atleast they're inexpensive to replace. If you do decide to add that front disk and run Vbrake in rear that should be fine for stopping you.

Well my rear hub was definitely destroyed. I believe the coaster brake was the culprit. I found a mountain bike for $20. Now I have front suspension and V Brakes. I'll probably hold off on the jackshaft for now as it gets down the road just fine.
IMG_20220719_085840488.jpg
IMG_20220719_132532694.jpg

Check with @Pablo, he might have one left.
Yes we still have HD FW's and Ultra Heavy Duty Freewheels!

The company that made the good jackshaft kits went out of business.
We are NOT out of business. Yes we are selling off all our inventory and will be shutting down at the end of 2022 and are for sale.

We have most all the parts to make a kit, some you will need to find on your own.

Thanks!

Sick Bike Parts LLC

Back