What type of chain comes standard with the happy time kit?

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by Parah_Salin, Aug 27, 2009.

  1. Parah_Salin

    Parah_Salin Member

    gotta run and buy a couple of replacement links, so what type is it?

  2. biketec

    biketec Member

    410 or 415 depends on what bike you have
  3. Turtle Tedd

    Turtle Tedd Member


    You never know with these chinese motors...thing change from week to week along with the parts they put on their bicycles that we buy...
  4. ENO

    ENO Member

    Answer..CHEAP ONES

    Yep..Cheap..Do yourself a favour and save a lot of breakages and possible spoke damage and buy a 415 S (S meaning motorbike quality and strength).In Australia they are sold as "Fenner Roller Chains" 415 S and come in a 10 foot length and so you get two chains. might need to get a bike shop to use their chain breaker as the gauge is bigger. The pitch of the 415 S is the same as the supplied Chinese Cheapo so they fit perfectly and since we fitted ours we have had no flip offs or breaks and the chain doesnt have any sideways movement so it sits on the sprockets and tensioner better..always have about one to one and a half inch slack and you wont have anymore chain problems..When you order the chain order ten links..The price is a lot cheaper than getting it from the retail motored bike outlet..in Oz the chinese replacement was $30AU and links 3 for $10..the Roller Chain was $18 for two (10ft) and links 33 cents each...Back wheels are dear so dont risk the flip off with the Chinese cheapo..We are running an 80cc (66cc) Chinese Happy Time on an OCC Stingray Chopper...Good Luck..Eno in Oz
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  5. fetor56

    fetor56 Guest

    Don't spend money on replacement links cos your going to get sick of it stretching....buy something descent,depending on your chain size(eg,KMC K910 Kool Chain)
  6. Parah_Salin

    Parah_Salin Member

    I read in another thread that #40 or #41 chain from a tractor works dandy