What would be your ideal E-Bike?

nikunj_97

Local time
12:28 PM
I am trying to understand what exactly people look before buying an E-Bike. Let's discuss the following points:

1.Basic Features

2.Exciting Features

3.Problems with existing E-Bikes in the market.

4.Price range

5. Distance travelled in a single charge

50 miles at 25 mph would work for me. But until battery prices come way down, any e-bike is just too expensive. If/when you can provide that range & speed for say $1000, then an e-bike will look attractive.

Still cant ride these electric bikes in the rain and you still have to worry about charging. Tell me something, have you ever ridden an electric bicycle in pouring down rain and it actually still ran? My guess is you haven't. But you could do this with gasoline powered engines all day long in pouring rain, and it happens down here in Florida as we all know.

Oh yeah, until battery prices and Technology advances more. What is more cost-effective in maintenance? I promise you electric bike lovers. You can't go as fast as a gasoline engine. A gas-powered motor will always outperform an electric bike. And let's not mention the money you save with a gas powered bike versus electric powered bike. Electric bikes only belong in dry climates because you can't ride them in the rain. And right now, only the super wealthy can afford the maintenance on an electric bike. I'm an electrician and I promise you, until the regulation from Congress on battery-powered technology is removed. Politicians only care about oil period until a politician actually opens their eyes to the benefits of solar and wind Technologies. Solar energy will never be properly stored until more regulation is lifted. All this means. electric bikes will still cost you an arm and a leg until this regulation is removed.

Gas has 100x power density of Li-ion battery. I think hybrids are the way to go unless you are Tesla. Look at the Koenigsegg Regera that has a new hybrid direct drive system where the gas and electric motor share the same drive train; this innovation drastically improve the current hybrid synergy. I've been thinking of either a traditional hybrid (reversed gearbox 49cc HS-142F and 750W geared hub motor) or something similar to the Regera to replace my old motorcycle (since I don't highway). To answer the OP, range is always the most important so basically really good batteries, which also allow you to buy (as extra) one of those 750-1500W chargers without blowing up the bike.

Pedago bike. Know someone who bought 2 for around 8 grand and they are nice. Quality bikes, he went for a 40 mile run and only 2 bars on the 5 charge meter were used up. Don't know exactly how far but 50 miles is good nuff for this kid. This guy doesn't pedal at all either. You can use it for just assist and maybe could ride across country with it. Lith-ion batts are good for 1000's of charges and you can charge at any batt level w/o degrading the battery at all. Lots of cash for one but it's the ultimate ride. No police hassles to worry about. In the future I'm either gonna get another m/c or invest in one of these. Not sure yet, its just so damn dangerous on the rode these days riding m/c's. One spill and it could ruin my families living situation money wise. I think a spill on a bicycle is a lot more safe and not likely to get killed from. Cars just don't look out for riders on the road at all. In a couple of years we'll see...………………………………………..

LoL... And wait for a battery to explode. More Tesla vehicles and batteries will explode without proper regulation. Every state west of Mississippi river has more flux than the east. The east depends on fossil fuels for energy. The west is the only states who have less regulation. Tariffs hurt the USA more than they help us. B.s. political chit.
Anyways. Until regulation on batteries and storing energy lifts. The day we rely less on oil and fossil fuels. Will be the day states like California and it's wind turbines fuel us... And the states west of the Mississipi river.. Lead the way. The east coast will go dark before the west coast.
Politics. The reason electric bikes are useless.

A cop doesnt know the difference between a 49cc or a 80cc.... Under 50cc is legal without a license in Florida.
We All know you have to actually open the head up and cylinder to know the "cc" correct?

LOOOK LOOK LOOOK. Get that tailgate generator from harborfreight which is 900watts, 79cc for around $80 bucks. Put that on a bike trailer or whatever and have it power an angle grinder or whatever to run the bike. It will take you to like 50mph and get good mpg. If you want more, try a different generator and a more powerful motor. The possibilities are endless. You can get a really expensive predator 6000watt generator and have that take you 100+mph running a 5hp induction motor.

Back