What would we call this?

I wanted to pick up some jets today so went to Tsunami down the street from my shop,while there I spotted a pipe from a blata liquid cooled racer the engine is said to make over 12hp at 16,000 rpm! I asked if they had any other pipes simular to that and that I could buy cheap,The mechanic there tells the sales guy to take me down stairs and see and well I found something that I think will work well after a bit of hackin and welding!This thing has a 28mm id at the flange and the actual chamber length is almost 3' belly dia is 80mm with the same length,Thats the same as most performance 70cc scooters use!
Looks good to me.

I have been wanting to try MZ's mx pipe for a couple of bikes and been waiting for awhile now but talking with Robert Bianchi last night he told me that MZ is not going to be getting any for awhile still,So I'm back to hacking and welding up something to work!The next pipe that they do have back in stock is not bad but not really the fit i would want and therefore also would require hacking up and making work and at 65 bucks U.S the pipe after shipping and duty would be over $100 Canadain and thats getting alittle steep when I paid $40 for the pipe above with a half doz jets!So I dont feel as bad hacking it up if I dont get the desired results!

Looks like it's well made. Hope all you need is a little bit of head pipe work and fitting to get a screamer.

Looks like it's well made. Hope all you need is a little bit of head pipe work and fitting to get a screamer.
I'm hoping that's the last one for this bike LOL it will be the third one now!I think a big part of getting more all around torque is having the right flow rate for the volume through the pump so to speak and right now my 19-20mm i.d head tube is not cutting it at all!It seems to work well when the ports volume is just below that but as soon as it gets bigger forget it!I'm going to try to fit 25-26mm i.d at the flange but the dia my have to be squared off a bit next to the studs to allow the nuts to just clear!

I have been wanting to try MZ's mx pipe for a couple of bikes and been waiting for awhile now but talking with Robert Bianchi last night he told me that MZ is not going to be getting any for awhile still,So I'm back to hacking and welding up something to work!The next pipe that they do have back in stock is not bad but not really the fit i would want and therefore also would require hacking up and making work and at 65 bucks U.S the pipe after shipping and duty would be over $100 Canadain and thats getting alittle steep when I paid $40 for the pipe above with a half doz jets!So I dont feel as bad hacking it up if I dont get the desired results!
Weren't you waiting on this one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORIZED-B...ash=item41c8705b16:g:oF4AAOSwNnRYi9n0&vxp=mtr

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Is the $65 pipe you referred to?
Yes that's the one it's a good pipe dont get me wrong it's just that I dont put my power band at the top and it sits up where it would be on the inside of my thigh NO Thanks LOL it has to go on this bike!The first pic the pipe is down low and emptys out behind the bike no mess.The second pic the pipe is tucked in but up higher and again dumps behind the bike and I would prefer to keep it like that if possible no chance of burns it's clean and put's the power down low where I need it to accelerate through my 3.09 final gearing!

Attachments

• 2016-10-13 19.17.05.jpg
    2016-10-13 19.17.05.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 308
  • 2017-05-24 22.21.14.jpg
    2017-05-24 22.21.14.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 358
Not really that would be my second choice if I wasn't able to make up somthing myself!I do have a couple bikes that could benifit from the mx pipe but I was informed we wont be seeing those for awhile so I am going to make this one work!
It's available now on their eBay site. Unless I'm missing something that pipe is available now from MZ on eBay. Click on the link, says there's one left.

It's available now on their eBay site. Unless I'm missing something that pipe is available now from MZ on eBay. Click on the link, says there's one left.
This is the mx pipe I'm refering too!It's close to an actual dirt bike's pipe design and has a large chamber!

Attachments

• the other side  zeda dio reed,jakes style head ,mz pipe,32mm flat slide carb.jpg
    the other side zeda dio reed,jakes style head ,mz pipe,32mm flat slide carb.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 312
Back