What would you pay for Custom Sprockets?

HI All,

Just a quick poll to see what performance is worth to all of us...

What would a custom made sprocket (any teeth count from 25 to 95) be worth to you?

Andrew

PS - FWIW sprockets would be made of T6 7075 heat treated aluminum
with machined lightening holes and machined teeth (no more manual
grinding of teeth to keep them from jumping off)...Satin finish with
the number of teeth engraved onto the sprocket for those of us that
may change sprockets often....saves having to count teeth!..Motorcycle
grade stuff...designed for the 9 hole mounting that is popular with our
kits....ready to use out of the box.

andrew: what i just saw (3 polls "how much would you pay for ____?") is what i would define
as billboarding your services or wares, hiding it behind a poll ain't cutting it...conducting "market research" in the main forums is kind of disrespectful of the community atmosphere...please cool it, m-kay?

i put one where i've been telling you this stuff goes... so you can see for yourself. i deleted the other 2...feel free to repost them, but only in the proper forum.

HI All,

Just a quick poll to see what performance is worth to all of us...

What would a custom made sprocket (any teeth count from 25 to 95) be worth to you?

Andrew

PS - FWIW sprockets would be made of T6 7075 heat treated aluminum
with machined lightening holes and machined teeth (no more manual
grinding of teeth to keep them from jumping off)...Satin finish with
the number of teeth engraved onto the sprocket for those of us that
may change sprockets often....saves having to count teeth!..Motorcycle
grade stuff...designed for the 9 hole mounting that is popular with our
kits....ready to use out of the box.

i think the 9 hole mounting has to be changed, my 36 spoke wheel alway.s has 1 spoke that it hit,s.and i cant imagine a 144 spoke wheel.a better design would be to move the holes out 1/2in.would have better shear strengh also.

Hmmm...interesting point...You are right tho....seems like there are always some
bolts that are hard to thread through the spokes....I had to resort to the old use more force method to get them through sometimes....You are also correct in that the solution would probably be to move the mount pattern out a little bit...Unfortunately, then there would be the additional cost of making the mounting pieces...aarg....I think most people would want to save some $$ for th e soon to be 3 speed tranny for the engine and true tuned pipe ;-)

Andrew

andrew...tom has contacted you about your sponsorship question, i suggest you lay low until you guys talk.

i'm not sure how i officially feel about your "enthusiastic" style, i've been a bit soft up to now...but personally i don't much care for your every other post containing a sales pitch.

if you think i'm gonna let you turn B/S/T into your own lil parts catologue, you're wrong. we're not gonna be your surrogate website...you're either a "vendor" or a social member, decide.

i for one would like to "see" what you got. we "hear" a lot from this business.

Back