What would your dream build consist of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The alum. used is 6069, and the frame is their newer design. The older didn't have tabs for a caliper.

The Zeda is a great 2 stroke. Been using one for a couple months up untill my rear wheel got damaged (waiting on a new wheel this week) I am kinda hesitant about using a 2 stroke on an aluminum frame though which is what the grubee frames are made of. Aluminum is light & cheap but it can crack due to vibrations from a 2 stroke. I prefer the old GT Dyno beach cruisers from the 90's & early 2000's, they seem to be the best 2 or 4 stroke motors mostly because they are made of steel which really takes the beatings of 2 stroke motors & plenty of frame space for a wide variety of engine sizes. I've even seen a 212 predator on a GT Dyno.
I agree on the GT's I have 2 motorized Moto Glides. These frames are tough.

I agree on the GT's I have 2 motorized Moto Glides. These frames are tough.

Yeah. I use the GT Dyno Deuce from the 90's I think. Very dependable. Bought it from a guy on craigslist 2 years ago. Was sitting in his garage long before then and all I ever had to do with the bike itself was swap out the bottom bracket bearings & inner tubes.

Definitely thinking of swapping the stock fork for an air suspension disk brake compatible fork though. Would make the ride more comfortable & safer.

Do they make steel versions of the Grubbs type frame?
The Zeda is a great 2 stroke. Been using one for a couple months up untill my rear wheel got damaged (waiting on a new wheel this week) I am kinda hesitant about using a 2 stroke on an aluminum frame though which is what the grubee frames are made of. Aluminum is light & cheap but it can crack due to vibrations from a 2 stroke. I prefer the old GT Dyno beach cruisers from the 90's & early 2000's, they seem to be the best 2 or 4 stroke motors mostly because they are made of steel which really takes the beatings of 2 stroke motors & plenty of frame space for a wide variety of engine sizes. I've even seen a 212 predator on a GT Dyno.
they

Do they make steel versions of the Grubbs type frame?

they

Not that I'm aware of. Every version if the Grubee frame I've seen has always been aluminum. A steel Grubee frame would be pretty expensive though, $300 or more easily.

The alum. used is 6069, and the frame is their newer design. The older didn't have tabs for a caliper.
You can thank me for getting Don to add a rear disc caliper mount, we dinked with the design for a week and it came out nice.

The boxes will indicate it is a Disc Brake frame by adding a -DB at the end of product number, for example I have a
GTA-150-DB still in the box right here.

You can thank me for getting Don to add a rear disc caliper mount, we dinked with the design for a week and it came out nice.

The boxes will indicate it is a Disc Brake frame by adding a -DB at the end of product number, for example I have a
GTA-150-DB still in the box right here.
Thank you for not getting the geometry right on the tabs to allow the pads to fully engage the rotors. Great idea, poor execution. Still mounts can be altered to correct this so it's better to have improperly placed tabs than no tabs at all. I have trouble believing it took you a week to do what I did with two pieces of steel on a bike with no tab in a couple of hours, and the pads contact fully. You don't need to be all that smart to pull this off. I know because I did it. Next time take 2 weeks and save a lot of people some headaches.

Thank you for not getting the geometry right on the tabs to allow the pads to fully engage the rotors. Great idea, poor execution. Still mounts can be altered to correct this so it's better to have improperly placed tabs than no tabs at all. I have trouble believing it took you a week to do what I did with two pieces of steel on a bike with no tab in a couple of hours, and the pads contact fully. You don't need to be all that smart to pull this off. I know because I did it. Next time take 2 weeks and save a lot of people some headaches.
How did you alter it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back