What would your dream build consist of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dream build is spending the late winter in my wood shed painting and fabricating my bikeberry 4 80 cc engin on a 28 inch 70s classic.

My bike would have monkey bars in frame tank and saddle bags. If I have time leather grips old school real leather banana seat and sissy bar. Most importantly somewhere to stealthily mount a small trout rod. Saddle bags have a tent sleeping bag and six pack. A few days free from work and sun shinning.

That's my dream bike

Attachments

• IMG_20190224_162304.jpg
    IMG_20190224_162304.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 122
My dream build is spending the late winter in my wood shed painting and fabricating my bikeberry 4 80 cc engin on a 28 inch 70s classic.

My bike would have monkey bars in frame tank and saddle bags. If I have time leather grips old school real leather banana seat and sissy bar. Most importantly somewhere to stealthily mount a small trout rod. Saddle bags have a tent sleeping bag and six pack. A few days free from work and sun shinning.

That's my dream bike
I do all of that (and more) but I went electric rather than fossil fuel... and I had to have a seat I could ride on for 12 hours.

What would my dream build consist of? In my dreams, I would be able to build a 1903 Harley. Not a Repop
DSCF0844.JPG

Last edited:
Now that's a nice bike! Since it's a dream I guess you could throw anything out there. I hope plausible parts can be offered so future readers could use this thread as a reference to good quality parts. It is my hope to have a build done this winter and because I have limited experience with buying parts I thought it'd be great to see what others opinions are.
The bike that you are referencing in the picture is mine. I didn't want to add any more carbon to the atmosphere in a hobby so I went with an electric motor. I could see all the advantages of a mid-drive, how much better a mid-drive motor is over a hub-motor so I chose a Rohloff Speed-hub over the pinion version of the P{anamericana and then coupled it to a 1000W BBSHD. I did as you suggested and invested in "good quality parts", pretty much the best I can find in both parts and services. If you want a good... let alone great ebike then build your own, it's not that hard and there is more and more help available. Think it all out and know what you want it to do. And Thanks, she is a nice bike. ;)

It's a dream, right? In my dream I discovered a way to use the (modded) Grubee Skyhawk GT5 and Sick Bike Parts shift kit on the pinion gearbox in the Tout Terrain Panamericana Explore. :)

View attachment 78067
Gorgeous, isn't it? Steel, full suspension, lots of room for the engine, just begging to be motorised? And great support for the Jaguar's torque pipe? :)

http://www.en.tout-terrain.de/bicycles/panamericana/panamericana-xplore/

If that's not possible then there is also a Rohloff hub geared version, as shown here with a mid mount electric motor. ;)
View attachment 78069
Glad you like my bike.

I'm just getting going at this like a lot of you folks...
Simple and frugal seems to be a great way to start out...
A old barn bike that sat idle for 20+ years and $240 bucks to get it shaking... Ha
View attachment 95998

View attachment 95999

I'm just closing in on my 1000 mile mark...

It gets me thinking about my dream ride for my second build...

Floater front end/ HT with mid size larger tires too suck up to bumps...

I haven't decided on the Jack-shaft shift kit yet but all options are on the table...

A sturdy frame,,, mid quality forks,,, larger tires and the same low hp 80cc 2-Smoker engine...

Geared down for the off road stuff,,, and enjoy the good times...

Yes,,, I could do the 4-Poke,,, but it ain't going to happen,,, not yet that is...

Only time will tell...

Just waitng for the next boxes to arrive,,, my 56 sprokets showed up...

Slow is gooder for this Cow-Boy

Don
Your ready for the next step in 2 stroke builds Jackshaft Shiftkit

Just saying this for clarity.. the Shift Kit is an actual product name. It is from the people who developed the earliest shifting motorised bikes in the hobby on this very forum. A jackshaft kit, on the other hand, could be any jackshaft with any mount hardware, but is referring to a Chinese factory's knockoff of one of the earliest version of the superior Shift Kit from Sick Bike Parts in the USA.
The differences between them are technically significant. Sick Bike Parts Shift Kit is the technically better product, and the better buying option for USA people who can enjoy free delivery.
There are some related parts available from SBP (and Staton-inc) to make anything you want or can from the Shift Kit and related parts. You don't have to put it together exactly the way the Shift Kit®️ comes.
I got the Chinese jackshaft kit though, because I'm in the stinky UK.

But in San Francisco they can order parts and enjoy free shipping (presumably not next day right now) from SBP and they have legal weed. ☺
This the dream build thread? Okay I dreamed for the last few years to do a Y-arrangement drivetrain with Shift Kit parts. I never got the (keyed 5/8" shaft to freewheel thread) adapter that requires.
The Y layout needs a lot of longitudinal room between the engine and jackshaft in order to use a larger LHS jackshaft fixed sprocket for reduction. The refuction means that the jackshaft is them under an increased torsional strain, and the stiffness of the jackshaft mount is critical to success. 🤩

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back