what you folks think about running an inverter gen at a 30 to 40 degree angle.

its too bad, cause last month when I visited the junker, i found a hunk of railroad track, around 5ft worth... I wanted to bring it home, but my dad refused... It would be cool to use railroad track as the frame or something. I know if/ when i get a car, i will have a 40lb/ft railroad track bumper.

Yes... lol... I used 5/8" plate... I only have a very small section of 1" plate in my shop and I plan on using it for a hydraulic press build, which is why i didnt use it for my pusher, but i probably would have used it if i had more 1" plate.
You don't want an i beam for a bumper man. Unless you're entering a demolition derby or something.

You don't want an i beam for a bumper man. Unless you're entering a demolition derby or something.
rear bumper... I like the mitsubishi mirage cars cause they are very cheap, but they have very low horsepower, around 60hp or so... So its not gonna accelerate fast probably i think takes 25 seconds from 0 to 72mph, so if you get hit in the rear, you want some protection.

Main display in km/h. To convert to mph use the ratio, 0.6mph = 1kmh. Ex. 100km/h = 60mph

Last edited:
What the hell is this fourm thread turning into.... went from an impossible inverter to dc motor build. To people rambling about i beams and bumpers on super crappy cars..... just saying this is starting to look like bidens covid relief bill. You know the one that only has 7% to do with actual covid relief?
I wish you read my signature angry bear lol.... "My Freedom of Speech is protected by Article 19 of the Human Rights Act (UN) and the United States Constitution."

thanks for reminding me about dc motors. speaking of DC motors you just reminded me, i need to post this PSA... To anyone making high power ebike or vehicles using BLDC motors... it is possible to build your own speed controller using a motor commutator... its fairly ingenious idea.
1615512088032.png

As you all probably know, BLDC motor controllers are very expensive... Above is an image of a basic circuit for a bldc diagram. You can see 6 mosfets which are fancy silicon switches which will direct power to each 3 phase... There is 6 because on each phase, there will be an coil energized north, and a coil energized south, to repel eachother and move the motor. The expense of bldc controllers is apparent in people making their own 200hp electric vehicles as such controllers need to handle 500 amps or more, continous at high voltages.... There is a cheaper solution. Have a weak 300w DC motor on a variable speed control circuit with a potential meter... Attach an circular plate to the motor with 6 brushes aranged 60 degrees from eachother... as seen in the photo with the thick black carbon blocks... Now you basically have a machine that will speed control your 200hp bldc motor and no need for fancy silicon.... sometimes mechanical is best. Back in the day when they ran the MTA. they had similar commutated systems for generating DC power for the 3rd rails... Now they use fancy silicon rectifiers and probably high frequency switching circuits.
1615512374092.png

There are so many issues with that type of setup hence why they are not used anymore! ESC's are dirt cheap now and far better period, this esc can handle 500 amps with no issue and is only $250! In this video the esc is powering 20 hp in a 1/5 scale rc car and they show you the data log, guys whom build performance e bikes with true high hp go this route other wise regular esc's for ebike builds may only be 100 amps if that and they are dirt cheap as just a controller rather than having data logging, hud display, tuning parameters built in as well as that's when they start getting expensive.https://youtu.be/eGVoS7SWOQ4

There are so many issues with that type of setup hence why they are not used anymore! ESC's are dirt cheap now and far better period, this esc can handle 500 amps with no issue and is only $250! In this video the esc is powering 20 hp in a 1/5 scale rc car and they show you the data log, guys whom build performance e bikes with true high hp go this route other wise regular esc's for ebike builds may only be 100 amps if that and they are dirt cheap as just a controller rather than having data logging, hud display, tuning parameters built in as well as that's when they start getting expensive.https://youtu.be/eGVoS7SWOQ4
thanks.

Back