Whats a good price for a 4 stroke kit ???

J

just for kicks

I'm just wondering what a good price is for a 4 sroke kit is.

I have seen one for around $300 and was wondering if they go for any less than that.

I have found one locally for $295 and feel its a good price I just havnt seen to many of the 4-strokes around and was wondering what the going street price was on them.

i would spend the extra hundred bucks for a honda engine, youll get the best outa it, not some cheap "huasheng" china junk... approximately 350-400 dollars

jon

I spoke to GEBE today about this particular topic, specifically the 35cc.

Apparantly Honda will not warranty a bike/trike application unless they did it themselves.

Also, and this has something to do with the cam, but a guy put one on and then sent an audio of the vibration level it was causing, vibration enough to hear it. Julia is supposed to send me that audio in an e-mail.

Horsepower wise, the Robin Subaru's are about the same, and folks are happy the way they get better as more miles are put on them, WITHOUT that noisy vibration.

on the grubee site there is a kit specifically designed to fit the gxh50 model. i read about the gxh50 it says los vibration, that confuses me on how much they have based on what you said. i notice that 4 strokes shake the bike more than the two stroke when idling.

i dont know much at all about 4 strokes, i know tons about 2 strokes, so you guys might know whats best to buy, but i wouldnt buy that chinese stuff, american, japanese, german, italy, basically anything but china, taiwan, malaysia, etc.

just my opinions, whatever fits your needs

jon

Herrmanator8 said:
i dont know much at all about 4 strokes, i know tons about 2 strokes, so you guys might know whats best to buy, but i wouldnt buy that chinese stuff, american, japanese, german, italy, basically anything but china, taiwan, malaysia, etc.

Me either, except the one I put on the WorkmanTrike, and he calls every few weeks bragging about the motors performance.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=975

I'm about to put 3 on trikes, mounted with the Stanton setup, but rely on experienced folks for input.

When I get the audio of the Honda vibration, I'll post it in this topic. The warranty info was in casual conversation, but I used Hondas in pressure washers as a sideline business for years, liked them for dependable cranking, but they did shake (the 1500psi model in the late 1980's).

Anyway, it just passing along "what I heard".

thats a pretty interesting bike, i like it, but im not such a big fan of front wheel drive.

jon

Back