What's he building in there?

found this a bit too late, posted in "general"...HB, buddy...notice "over the hill" is the theme of the day?

over the hill and stuff

Hey thanks you guys!!! I am so Happy to have finally made it out of my 30's I can't stand it! 40 is when life really kicks in and I aim to get started right straight away! I'm starting it out right by going to be with my fiance for a day of wrenching- doing some tuning up on the ol' Caravan, then she's cooking me a special birthday dinner tonight- with some Cabernet Soviegn (?) (pardon that, I'm new to the whole wine thing...). Should be GREAT! As for the bike (to bring this back on topic) I'm waiting for the repro chainring, and some funding is coming through next week so I can get back to work on it! the paintwork on the frame is nearly done, and I can really get to town on the other bits. I scrounged up some prewar )1920's/early 1930's fender braces and am excited to get started on reproducing those with a bit of a fanciful twist... Anyway, I'm outta here talk to you soon, and thanks again everyone, all y'all are the best bunch of fellas a guy could have the pleasure to know!!!

Shoot, Flash; shoot, flash; shoot flash; Cure, wet sand. Repeat... This is the tedious part of the process- Paint work kinda sucks, but the results of taking the time to do proper prep and finish are worth the trouble... Getting close to shooting final base coats, then send the frame off for gold/cream pinstriping, and then the tedium begins anew with the clear... Once the frame is done with paint I'll wrap it (bubble wrap for protection), shelve it, and forget about it while doing the other Parts and Pieces...

The Art show results...

With an unfinished piece.
The plater held up my parts past the date of the show, so, two days prior, in a leaky drafty old barn I tore apart a bunch of other bikes (including my beloved 'Black Sunshine'), refurbished and polished old parts- re-fabbed a few parts, and, assembled this bike in order to make it semi presentable. you saw the in process shots earlier in this thread, here's a few shots of it almost ready for the show, with out all the proper brass, copper, and chrome plated parts, and a few bits still off.
Also shown is the "period" advertisement I created and displayed with the bike. :cool: The ad is actually an old, period (edwardian) Indian ad that I modified with slogans and phrases taken from other period motoredbike and motorcycle ads
BTW- the result of the show being that not only was it a hit, but it was the star of the show with it's display being set-up not only in the center ring spotlight but also as a draw to bring people in to the show! I was enthusiastically invited to bring my pieces to next year's show! Next year, when it's finished, and displayed with the companion bike, we'll see what is what...
Golley jeepers I do love this fledgling motorsport!!!
Thanks all!
Rif

Attachments

• in process 1.JPG
    in process 1.JPG
    498.6 KB · Views: 316
  • left rear view.JPG
    left rear view.JPG
    389 KB · Views: 343
  • left side view close-up.JPG
    left side view close-up.JPG
    400.9 KB · Views: 281
  • repop chainring.JPG
    repop chainring.JPG
    340.1 KB · Views: 277
  • headlamp.JPG
    headlamp.JPG
    366.1 KB · Views: 313
  • battery box.JPG
    battery box.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 272
  • engine right side.JPG
    engine right side.JPG
    316.6 KB · Views: 285
  • bell.JPG
    bell.JPG
    294.4 KB · Views: 281
  • fuel line.JPG
    fuel line.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 284
  • turned fuel cap, crystal pull cord.JPG
    turned fuel cap, crystal pull cord.JPG
    273.2 KB · Views: 280
  • twisted braces.JPG
    twisted braces.JPG
    426.7 KB · Views: 287
  • Addams flyer advert.2.jpg
    Addams flyer advert.2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 284
was just beginning to wonder 'bout this one

Rif said:
Golley jeepers I do love this fledgling motorsport!!!
you and me both buddy :D

what a marvelous contraption :cool:

that's really cool! I especially like the lamps, all the hand-made parts & the little twisted bits.

Congrats on the show & the invite to return & show your craft!!

Thanks fellas! Once I get it completed with proper wheels and parts, I'll give ya the final pic. of nearly a year's worth of bloodied knuckles, frustrated screams, and joyous tears in this piece of work all having been worth it and come to fruition...

Back