What's inside CDI 80cc

ixxGunnerxx

Local time
10:26 PM
is see Cdi;s on ebay saying , "high Performence "... but i thought that The "ignition Coil" is What you want to Be Upgraded .. (ignition coil ,, thing around spinning Magnet )
i thought that Ignation coils , was the only way to Improve Volts ? ( more turns on coil ) .. but i don't know to much about cdi .. Besides it has a capacitor in it , ( i think) ..
so,
What in these "high-performance CDI" ?
,, Bigger capacitor? Thinker wires?( since More volts need Thinker Wire)
now ,
i do I have an old cdi here ,(that i can pull apart)
but, i thought i REach out ,,
and See if anyone Could add to this post ...

God Bless ,
And thanks for your time

C.D.I. Capacitor Discharge Igniter, Yeah bigger capacitor,

CDI shoot's more volts into the coli in return the coil makes more volts, Probably 20% more volts for spark

C.D.I. Capacitor Discharge Igniter, Yeah bigger capacitor,

CDI shoot's more volts into the coli in return the coil makes more volts, Probably 20% more volts for spark
Actually "CDI" stands for "Capacitor Discharge Ignition" or "Capacitive Discharge Ignition"...lol...You were real close though Wrench with the word "Igniter"...lol.

See if anyone Could add to this post
Here is more on it's history starting with Nicola Tesla's first patent on it and it's function as well as how it has developed into the present day.

Actually "CDI" stands for "Capacitor Discharge Ignition" or "Capacitive Discharge Ignition"...lol...You were real close though Wrench with the word "Igniter"...lol.

Here is more on it's history starting with Nicola Tesla's first patent on it and it's function as well as how it has developed into the present day.

Thanks for correcting me sweetie đź’‹ I knew you would have my back

I opened a 5 pin CDI before
I forget what exactly was in the CDI but I do remember it was filled with silica sand, the capacitor, a small coil, and some other electrical thingamajigs

Hmmmm.... I believe the Magneto produces the "voltage" to charge the "capacitor" in the CDI and in there is the SCR to trigger the voltage pulse to the "coil" (which is also in the CDI module) and that fires the voltage up the wire (from the CDI module) to the spark plug. The magneto is a generator of electricity to charge the "CDI" ignition module. it is not the ignition colil

I built my own a few years back.
Here's what is in it, mine is not as neat.
1658451131318.png

Back