whats most important in choosing a 2 cycle kit

bonescrub

Local time
10:40 AM
what is most important when choosing a kit? I have seen so many. so many have "upgraded"parts. Or should i focus on service, atm i am considering purchasing from thatsdax.

thanks

wish you much luck with this

I think best -- for you to do a little homework here

have heard of some of the 2-cycle kit companies -- not the best to deal with

although note -- seems most are ok

there is a thread floating around at this time -- mentions one

I as only a bystander wish to only say

take your time -- be sure who ever you order through -- backs their product

we have a vendor area ------- should be the place to start

hope you have your engine soon -- makes it nice when we wish to

RIDE THAT THING MOUNTAINMAN

what is most important when choosing a kit? I have seen so many. so many have "upgraded"parts. Or should i focus on service, atm i am considering purchasing from thatsdax.

thanks

I concur, begin by checking and reading in the vendor area. Follow this up with reviews of vendors.

It does not matter where this little 2 stroke comes from, the universal ingredient is, you are going to tinker with it. If you do not like working on engines you probably will not be happy with any of the 2 stroke kits.

For me, the vendor and the follow up after sales is important along with prompt delivery.

Depends where you are located, if in oz then take a look at zbox web site to give you an idea of contactable vendors that support their product and ideas on kit types, clear fitting instructions etc etc.
You will tinker, that is a definate, but once sorted, ususally external nuts, bolts etc, the engine itself runs fine.
Initial tinkering are things like plug, plug lead, clutch cable, chain etc, all do-able upgrades as you go along.
Worth it in the long run cos ya save heaps on fuel costs and it's convenience for those minor errands a MB simply fits in.

Thats some pretty impressive claims + mods made to these engines... If only they were available in Aus... I've got a 4 stroke gebe that keeps throwing belts at high speed (60 or so Kph) and one of these with the sickbikeparts kit would be an absolute killer combo!.

Back