Whats next after the happy time?

B

BSA

Wether you like it or not the days of the happy time engine are numbered. There not going to be here in 20, 10 or maybe even 5 years. Vendors will have moved onto better things. I think that this is because of the bad build quality of the engines and low reliability. The four strokes are great but a tad expensive and have (and probably will) suffer from a few of there own quality problems.

So what I want to find out is what are people gonna do next. Go for a GEBE system would be a good idea. I think that people are want to try and use pocket bike engines and dirt bike engines and I think that this is a great way forward. I also think that people will try and use a lot more engines, like weed wacker engines and lawn mower engines. Who has tryed using a different engine other than a happy time or GEBE.

BSA

Personally my next venture is the Titan rack mount. Then when money becomes available,it's a street legal mini chopper,yo. On that bike I will paint "Who says 80 miles per gallon can't be fun?" on it.
I'm gonna be so fly,man.
So fly.

Im thinking i might go to the rear mount kevlar belt drive and get away from the rear sprocket. Same as Large Fil said "when money becomes available" I have to many experiments going on. Trying to refine my water fueled onboard hydrogen engine for my bikes. Doing away with gas and those a## holes from Exxon.
Large Filipino, Im dreaming of 1000 miles on a gallon of water. graucho

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8911&highlight=hydrogen

Last edited:
Well, if the Happy Time engines were no longer being produced, I'd just start using a 4 stroke engine. Because the 4 stroke engine market is strong, will stay strong and will probably get even stronger because of the high cost of gas.

I would even consider using an electric driven bicycle. It's a much more expensive and this cost conscious (read:dirt poor!) moto bicycler has to pinch every penny to buy his moto bicycle.

I want to believe that bicycle engines will only get MORE popular because of the high price of gas. I would hope another manufacturer would start producing bicycle engines seeing an oening in the market. There are more and more people every day who need alternative modes of trtansportation. The world's population is growing too fast these days. The oil industry can't keep up with all the demand. Places like China, Japan and Thailand desperately need small 2-stroke engines for the legions of bicycles in those countries. So is there really darker days ahead for these Happy Times engines?

I used to be really excited about the Revopower but now I just think they took their investor's for all they were worth. And now the Revopower team are in Tahiti, sipping on Pina Coladas using investor money.

I saw a recent segment on Invention Nation (science channel) where they visited the revopower inventor and talked about them, assembled one, installed it and took them for a spin. It was rather neat. I just think since its something actually made in America theres much more red tape than they were expecting. Which is one of the reasons nothing is made in USA anymore. Maybe they would have better luck getting them made in mexico or china and importing them like every other **** company in this country.
I'm sure they're still working on it, their workshop had a crapload of them from what I saw.

Im thinking i might go to the rear mount kevlar belt drive and get away from the rear sprocket.
I will do the same if battery technology doesn't improve all that much.

... I have to many experiments going on. Trying to refine my water fueled onboard hydrogen engine for my bikes. Doing away with gas and those a## holes from Exxon.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8911&highlight=hydrogen
Even with a hydrogen engine, you'll still be buying oil from Exxon or someone else. But I did like that last video where the guys took their hydrogen engine for a test drive & mentioned it could run on almost anything. I think it'll have tons of uses, but I still think electric bikes are the future of motored biking.

Back