what's that screw for anyway??? carburetor - idle screw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's a good point about the head warping. Better check that.. but then if you remove the head and flat the head (on wet n' dry on glass) it won't seal again with the same aluminium gasket, as those are single use only according to others' experiences with them.

ok, so i got the engine kit from dax. Is there a way to adjust the carb., because from what i see, there is only the "idle adjusting screw" (or that's what it seems to be), and something that seems to be like a primer pump thingy??? and there is also a hole next to the air intake underneath the air filter. I took apart the carb, and there is a float with an arm extended to it, like a close off valve that goes to the fuel inlet, and there is a hole that connects to the other hole that comes out underneath the air filter....does that serve any purpose? but I see other people saying they adjust some screw to get it running right?? what screw are they talking about? or maybe it's the same one as the idler screw??? please tell me if you know anything about these carbs...
I've just acquired a new scooter and it took me ages to start the bloody thing! The screw that's on the top of the carb is the idle screw and the screw that's on the side (under the throttle connection) is your fuel and air mixture and the screw that is on the throttle cable itself is the tick over

I've just acquired a new scooter and it took me ages to start the bloody thing! The screw that's on the top of the carb is the idle screw and the screw that's on the side (under the throttle connection) is your fuel and air mixture and the screw that is on the throttle cable itself is the tick over
Only 13 years late with that advice to the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back