Whats the best bike for a 2 stroke?

Were miles away, but I bet our side of the railroad tracks are pretty similar. Before I found cranbrook in trash, I picked up a 74 schwinn world traveler & a 74-75 schwinn varsity people were throwing away, was going to build 1 of them, but long skinny front forks were scaring me.
They can be replaced with a suspended triple tree fork with disc brake holder.

I built mine with the Hyper Bike Company Beach Cruiser from Wally World...DAMIEN

And use this front motor mount rather than the crap that comes in the kits...Not quite like mine which is hand made but should work great...You won't need a U-bolt with this one either...Take Note that with this type of mount, you can manouver the engine higher to avoid interferrence problems with the pedals like you pointed out in other posts was a problem for you.

View attachment 158615
View attachment 158609View attachment 158610
Holy crap! Nice build!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
michigan winter sucks 2 years ago it got -37 wind chill -52 where i was. me and my buddy started his minibikes though and went for a spin, i was staying the night at his house, his mom was lets just say not to happy when she saw coverd in snow wearing light jackets, jeans, and t shirts.
And just where, in Michigan, did that occur?
We've never gotten that cold in this state.

I got this one at walmart. For like $129 a year ago and put an engine on it last month. Steel frame with 7 speed and caliper brakes, and it is a very comfortable ride. I think it is like $219 now. Kent Bayside Cruiser. NOTE: I did have a hard time getting the engine on the frame. Honestly, I had to give the downtube a couple whacks with my late Dad's trusty hammer to get the engine mounts to fit around the downtube (EDIT: The tube that goes from the headset to the bottom bracket (handlebars to pedals)... Downtube might be the wrong word) However, I might regret that someday.

Bike11-21.jpg

I got the same an insurance check from Wal-Mart only bike I saw at Walmart was a schwine 27.5 I got 26" mag rims don't want to convert because I got $300.00 tied up in them it has front end suspension what I think is a must for any build also factory disc bracket who h is a must also because the mag rims are not for rim backing cuz they well bust.

Further the bike must be converted to cruiser gonna need to buy high rise handle bars or swap further gonna need to chuck that knife hand seat looks like more agony then going be artful measurement make sure engine and carb will fit that narrow grove.

But that was after defaming all Walmart bikes might need to buy somewhere else.

Attachments

• 20211126_133301.jpg
    20211126_133301.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 335
Schwinn Sidewinder is a Walmart bike with 26" wheels, dual disc brakes, and front suspension. It is a nice bike, has the stem type goosneck too. If I were gonna buy a MTB for my next build, personally, I would go with the sidewinder.

I just cut up any frame I happen to have. Only reason I bought a cruiser bike was because everyone else kept braggin', so I had to see why. They work well. My latest is a girls mountain bike, I am cutting up and custom building for a midget. Waiting on the motor.

I built mine with the Hyper Bike Company Beach Cruiser from Wally World...DAMIEN

And use this front motor mount rather than the crap that comes in the kits...Not quite like mine which is hand made but should work great...You won't need a U-bolt with this one either...Take Note that with this type of mount, you can manouver the engine higher to avoid interferrence problems with the pedals like you pointed out in other posts was a problem for you.

View attachment 158615
View attachment 158609View attachment 158610
Damien, I looked up the Hyper Bike Beach Cruiser, it didn't look much like yours. Such as the front and rear wheels with disc brakes. Tell us more about your customizing, and fitting the rear drive sprocket, etc!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Damien, I looked up the Hyper Bike Beach Cruiser, it didn't look much like yours. Such as the front and rear wheels with disc brakes. Tell us more about your customizing, and fitting the rear drive sprocket, etc!
See the link to this below...I did change out the spoke wheels to mag wheels to accomodate disk brakes to get rid of the coaster brakes...The before and after pics in the link will show you why it looks different...(Basically, the only thing that is left over as Hyper, is the frame and front fork, and the crank and pedals and handlebars...lol.)

This post will serve almost like a tutorial as to how I built my bike, parts used, where to get them, what I needed to do to adapt things to actually fit and work together...Follow all the links including links within the links to get the full story of how mine was done so that you can also do this, or something like this, for yourself as well.

These are the ONLY tires and tubes I will use with these mags, they are rugged and haven't had a flat or even a slow leak in 7 or 8 years now even when I was still using regular spoked rims which I ditched because coaster brakes is mayhem or death looking for a place to happen with these motorised bikes.

https://www.amazon.com/Slime-30046-Self-Sealing-Schrader-1-75-2-125/dp/B000ENQRCI
https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Comfort-Glide-Bike-Tires/dp/B07PKDL4LZ

Also the link below this will show you the mags and where i got them from...They come with the disks, calipers, disk brake pads, 36 tooth sprocket. and the spacer needed between the rear disk and drive sprocket...IMPORTANT: Be sure to order them with the 36 tooth sprocket to avoid clearance issues with the caliper and chain and rear drive sprocket.

This is where I get my 3 spoke mag rims:

I don't recommend this method on an aluminum frame because it would probably crack and break, but this is what i did on my Steel Frame Hyper Beach Cruiser to accomodate the rear sprocket and disk to fit within the dropouts and frame.

On my bike, (steel frame ONLY), i had to "stretch" the rear forks apart by hand, about 1/2 an inch to put the rear wheel with sprocket/rotor attached, and then use a spare 15MM axle nut on the sprocket/rotor inside of the drop down, threaded to the axle with blue locktite, to maintain that amount of "stretch" to accommodate the amount of of clearance space the rotor needs so as not to be pressed against the frame.

It helps to have a buddy with a strong pair of hands to help in this proceedure like I did...lol.

EDIT Monday, July 10th, 2023:
This link below will show you how to make a frame stretcher tool for spreading the rear of the frame if your going to use mag rims with disk brakes on your bike.....
Beware, do NOT attempt stretching aluminum frames as they will crack and break.

And this link showing pics of how it is used to stretch the frame.

You will also need a freewheel sprocket for the pedal chain side of things as well and will probably need to add chain links to the pedal side as well since the freewheel is larger than the stock coaster brake pedal sprocket.

https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Single-Speed-Tooth-Sprocket/dp/B00LOXYASK

Ps...I also eliminated having to use a chain tensioner by cutting the drive side chain down to custom fit like a motorcycle chain when i also did the pedal side chain sizing so they are now both custom fit for the bike.

A pair of these adaptors (2), one for the front, one for the rear, will also be necessary, or something like them since you may or may not be able to make your own frame to disk caliper adaptors as i have done.

And a dual brake lever for the disk brakes since you already have the clutch lever taking up real estate on the left side of the handle bars...lol...also on sale for 10 bucks for the next 16 hours....You will need brake cables from your local bicycle shop as well to connect the brakes.

These are the fenders i used to replace the metal stock fenders since they break off due to speed and vibration and will cause you to have an accident or worse.

https://www.amazon.com/BlueSunshine...s&sprefix=motorized,sporting,245&sr=1-12&th=1

This is what i used to replace the kick stand with.

https://www.amazon.com/BV-Kickstand-Center-Mount-Bicycle/dp/B00LNLXML4/ref=pd_nav_hcs_rp_2?psc=1

And this is almost like the front engine mount that i had made for my bike and should work perfectly for yours since i do not like the ubolt type front mount that comes with the motor kits.

https://www.amazon.com/CDHPOWER-Sil...ront+motor+mount+40mm&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-3

I also used the Zeda 80 motor for my bike build.

EDIT:, It now has the Phantom 85 on the bike.

I hope all of this is helpful to you...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...This link will also show you the links to the exact tires and tubes i am using...Cheap stock tires have never lasted more than a few days for me due to mesquite thorns and goat heads here in the high desert.

Also a link to proper tire inflation for the tires i recommend as well the seat i use and the reason why for both recommendations.

EDIT...Be sure to replace the stock intake and exhaust gaskets as they are Chinese crap that will leak.
NOTE...The gasket recommendation DOES NOT APPLY to the Phantom 85 motor, they are OK as they are.

For the exhaust gasket, you want this one listed below in the link.
(Except for the Phantom 85, it won't fit so just use the stock one that comes with it as it is a fairly decent exhaust gasket)

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-47021-Oxygen-Sensor-Seal/dp/B000TYU1WE

EDIT, 3-17-2023...This is the seat I am now using that has replaced the one that you presently see in my pics of my bike...It is even more comfy and springy than the last Schwinn seat I was using for years.

My own personal bike building motto:
"It is one thing to just strap a motor on a bicycle and expect it to work, It is quite another thing to carefully and methodically and mathematically build a motorised bicycle that actually DOES work"...DAMIEN

Damien, can I ask you what size tires you're using on these mag wheels? As I'm really interested in them (thanks to you posting them!). I'd like to use 26 x 2.125 at a minimum. I'm thinking of converting my Huffy over to this during the winter months.

Back