whats the best plug fot top speed on 49cc 2stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, guys. When it gets over 86F here, we consider it an exceptionally hot day.
So we head the 10 miles to the ocean, where it will be in a tolerable 70s again...
Here is our 10 day forecast for memorial day today.

weather05-30-16.jpg

This is just the begging of summer so it's still nice in the morning (71f today), but this to0 shall soon pass.
For me real heat is when I am up before the sun and go outside to get my paper and it's still 90F.

Small price to pay for year round riding and never having to shovel snow though ;-}

Platinum and iridium plugs have a very hard and fine center conductor that is not prone to wear.
Usually a bit more money goes into their construction also, so sometimes the insulator is more foul proof.
Their main advantage is longevity, although some claim fire advantages also.
Steve
Yes, the NGK's are a bit longer so you get a bit more compression.
This is why you can't use them in a straight head.

One thing I try was the gap size 30 the bike was slow 25 it's much better (ngk b7hs) hear in PR is over 80 all year long..

The best plug depends on several things, as stated above on NGK plugs the lower the number the higher the heat range. I run a straight plug head on my 48cc and have run a bp5hs or bp6hs with no problems, the b6hs is one of the best overall.

Here is our 10 day forecast for memorial day today.

weather05-30-16.jpg

This is just the begging of summer so it's still nice in the morning (71f today), but this to0 shall soon pass.
For me real heat is when I am up before the sun and go outside to get my paper and it's still 90F.

Small price to pay for year round riding and never having to shovel snow though ;-}

snow? i have shovelled up piles of chicken feet, but sometimes...only very seldom, do i yearn to shovel snow... closest i ever seen was more like micro hail stones, about 1mm balls :p

only just got our first frost for the year here... *does maths* ((71-32)/9)x5= erm...

21.6C ... yerp. winter just begun and cus of the rain, thats about what it was today... lil chillier now its dark though. came rather late this year, hit 34 the other day!

recalculates... 34/5x9+32= round about 86 for you ;) not bad for late autumn.

*demands all temps be in K from now on*o_O

so, back on track... even on days when the mercury (or non-toxic replacement) hits um... 44C(pffft, kelvin...), i never bothered much with different plugs. usually just use whatever is handy, be it the b5-6hs or similar, cj8, rcj7y bmr6hs, etc etc...

the hotter/lower numbers are preferable on the two smokers due to the oil in the fuel.

I do mine to 20# in a X, 5# at a time for slant head 66cc's.
If you have any head compression leak issues, try 20# , works great for me.

The higher the number, the more heat the plug dissipates out, lower numbers keep the heat in.

I use the NGK 5944 (BPR7HIX) Iridium plugs in my builds here Phoenix, it should be perfect for those wimpy Chicago temps ;-}

80's is considered a nice cool Spring morning like right now, all the doors and windows are fully open, nice light breeze, and I'm in my boxers and a T-shift doing my morning surfing ;-}

100F isn't considered hot here, we will hit that this weekend despite an unusually cool spring and I'll have to close up the house sooner.

110F is simple hot, that's when the low doesn't get below 80F so the AC is always on.

115+F is 'break out the oven mitts' real hot and 7's work fine though I have a couple 8's around in case we get to 120F, record is 122F and I was out in it, I might of even wore sun screen that day ;-}

I might have to try this NGK '8' heat rated plug in this 2-stroke I'm testing...
Did I say me? I meant my 'Joe'.

It's a pleasant day here in Phoenix today, only 103F (38.9C}
We don't even bat an eye at that as it gets down to 75F overnight.

That time has past until Monsoon.
This is from this mornings news.

2_Weather06-16-16.jpg.FP

2_Weather06-16-16.jpg.FP

Fathers day will be ~118F (47.8C), and Monday morning I will be greeted with a 89F (31.7C) morning low and ~119-120F (~48C) high.

The hottest day ever was 122F(50C), I have no desire to see a higher record set!

I call this time of year the 'Oven Mitts' time.
If you need to touch anything outside, best be wearing a pair ;-}

Last edited:
Here in KY the temperature never rises above 100F but the humidity hits 60% and it sucks because when you get wet, it never comes off lol

Here in KY the temperature never rises above 100F but the humidity hits 60% and it sucks because when you get wet, it never comes off lol
Hehehe, ya, right now it's a 'Dry Heat', like a blow dryer, maybe 20% humility, but that changes come Monsoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back