What's the difference?

Like a 'Hall of Shame',
YEP...After taking a look at your rubber mountings, i can pretty much guarantee you that removing them and remounting that motor either "hard" mounting or along with thin sheet rubber cut to fit like mine, you will pretty much eliminate your vibration problem.

Don't forget to save your rubber mounts to put into your "Hall of Shame" so as to be a constant reminder to you of what NOT to do...lol...DAMIEN

How to put the motor on the bike: The motor must be slotted and fastened to the frame, install the new motor chain on the bike. Place an elastic bushing on either side of the bicycle tire, behind the screws, attach a steel washer. Install the drive chain into the system, using the bracket to attach the motor to the frame. Screw the engine into place and screw the spark plug and mount the clutch near the left handlebar, you will have to remove the left handbrake and insert the other end into the engine bar. Take out the screwdriver and slowly tighten the wire Install the accelerator on the right side of the handle. Connect the fuel tank to the carburetor using the hose in the engine kit. Using the bolts included in the bike kit, attach the silencer to the exhaust. To ensure safe travel, try cycling around your neighborhood while doing different maneuvers.
Welcome to the forums Dalton Bourne,

Well I can see that you have some manufacturers instruction manual...When you get the chance to fully build one of these yourself, you will find it is not quite as easy as that book makes it out to be...lol...They never mention all the finageling and manipulation you have to do to get things to line up etc, or tell ya just how to manufacture your own parts when nothing provided will do the job...lol...Heck...if it was all that easy, this forum wouldnt exist...lol...DAMIEN

I'm coming along with the re-mount. I have to make some adjustment to the exhaust pipe and muffler to clear the crank. I mounted the exhaust pipe to a piece of plate steel and marked lines representing where the muffler lines up, and where I need it to be. I can clamp it in a vise and heat the lower four inches of the pipe to make the bend. I put a rose tip on my torch, but I'm about out of acetylene ;-( This is the kind of stuff not found in the instructions ;-)

Attachments

• P1020221.JPG
    P1020221.JPG
    217.1 KB · Views: 107
  • P1020225.JPG
    P1020225.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 121
How to put the motor on the bike: The motor must be slotted and fastened to the frame, install the new motor chain on the bike. Place an elastic bushing on either side of the bicycle tire, behind the screws, attach a steel washer. Install the drive chain into the system, using the bracket to attach the motor to the frame. Screw the engine into place and screw the spark plug and mount the clutch near the left handlebar, you will have to remove the left handbrake and insert the other end into the engine bar. Take out the screwdriver and slowly tighten the wire Install the accelerator on the right side of the handle. Connect the fuel tank to the carburetor using the hose in the engine kit. Using the bolts included in the bike kit, attach the silencer to the exhaust. To ensure safe travel, try cycling around your neighborhood while doing different maneuvers.
Do you have any real earthly reason for posting this same instruction manual again as you did on Saturday ???

Do you wish to say something yourself about this instruction manual that maybe other folks like myself are not seeing here ???

AirGas won't take my old Victor tank, so I have to buy a cylinder with gas ($340). At least I will have my welding/cutting rig back together. In the mean time, I will take my bike to a muffler shop and have them bend the pipe.

Good 49cc engine run smooth as butter. Will do same as a 66 on flats. Loses out to 66 on hills. 66 has more torque, but lower rpm than a 49. 66 is the 80cc. 100cc is really 78-79cc and are torque beasts. With a lower rpm than the 49s. 100 will beat all them in up hill challenge. I like the 66s best. I do like the 100s, but more parts for the 66s.

Hi Karl Snarl. I finished re-mounting my engine and it runs without vibration now without the rubber motor mounts (BBR Vibration Motor Mounts (SKU: BBR-VIRBMOUNT-8MM). Perhaps I misunderstood, and they were intended to increase vibration ;-)
Cisco said:
Like a 'Hall of Shame',
YEP...After taking a look at your rubber mountings, i can pretty much guarantee you that removing them and remounting that motor either "hard" mounting or along with thin sheet rubber cut to fit like mine, you will pretty much eliminate your vibration problem.

Don't forget to save your rubber mounts to put into your "Hall of Shame" so as to be a constant reminder to you of what NOT to do...lol...DAMIEN
Told ya so...lol...(You forgot me in that "Dishonourable Mention")...lol...im happy that you solved the vibration problem...Now remember what i told you in that other post...keep those rubber vibrators and place them in that box with the rest of "The Hall of Shame" momento's...lol...lol...DAMIEN

I weld mounts directly to my frames. Just like with a real motorcycle. Makes it easy to align and pull and place motors when working on them. An no vibrations from squishy mounts. Lol
Hi Karl Snarl. I finished re-mounting my engine and it runs without vibration now without the rubber motor mounts (BBR Vibration Motor Mounts (SKU: BBR-VIRBMOUNT-8MM). Perhaps I misunderstood, and they were intended to increase vibration ;-)

Back