whats the first steps toward more performance

manuel newsom

Local time
11:48 AM
i have a 100cc china doll and i dont even know where to start with the performance upgrades, im mostly looking for torque because the engine keeps stalling in mud, should i port, get a new carb, new exhaust, dio reed, nitro ? im really confused on what to do first. Right now im getting 25mph max speed on paved roads and it seems pretty low

Reading

I started by reading everything I could here. Then by bombarding guys like @Street Ryderz with more questions than a 5 year old on a Monster. An before you knew it, I had a nitropropane fueled beast tearing up the streets. An now am fully capable of killing myself on a bicycle.

I say get a pipe, set the squish, clean the ports, and a better air filter, and your good. The 100cc's are sweet just as they are after a port cleaning and a pipe. Setting the squish makes them even better. Easily my favorite engine of the CG's.

Reading

I started by reading everything I could here. Then by bombarding guys like @Street Ryderz with more questions than a 5 year old on a Monster. An before you knew it, I had a nitropropane fueled beast tearing up the streets. An now am fully capable of killing myself on a bicycle.

I say get a pipe, set the squish, clean the ports, and a better air filter, and your good. The 100cc's are sweet just as they are after a port cleaning and a pipe. Setting the squish makes them even better. Easily my favorite engine of the CG's.
thanks im gonna get a new pipe do you have any suggestion ?

also any porting guide ? bikeberry.com is linking to dead links

also how do i set the squish ? do i need a new bottom gasket or is there another way to do it on those engines

also how do i set the squish ? do i need a new bottom gasket or is there another way to do it on those engines
Remove the spark plug and put a length of solder in the hole, turn the engine over while holding the down end of the solder against the cylinder wall. Remove the solder and measure how much the piston squished the solder. That # should be between .7-.8mm. If your piston comes up flush with the deck and your not at the desired thickness, then you have to plane down the head or use a thinner head gasket. If the piston is lower than the deck, you can plane down the top of the jug or use a thinner base gasket.

If you have the head off already, then you can tape a length of solder that spans the full width of the piston on top of the piston, install the head and turn over the engine.

i have the tools too i just dont have any experience
Get a dirt bike pipe, small 80cc ( I mod mz65's into the KS65, look on here in the search to see my work, lol, an I'm going to be working on a cr80 pipe soon ) works well, look up how to tune the pipe for what you want. It's just some math for length and width etc, not to hard since the chamber is already made for you. Do as chainlube said, and if it's not in the right zone, shave from the top of the jug how much it is off. Before doing that, make sure your piston uncovers the ports, if not, add gaskets till it does. then measure squish and set. a quick balanced crank is as easy as drill 6 holes the right depth at 12mm wide. I'm assuming you've already cleaned the ports. You can widen them if you want, but don't change the height, make them kinda football shaped. American football.

Get a dirt bike pipe, small 80cc ( I mod mz65's into the KS65, look on here in the search to see my work, lol, an I'm going to be working on a cr80 pipe soon ) works well, look up how to tune the pipe for what you want. It's just some math for length and width etc, not to hard since the chamber is already made for you. Do as chainlube said, and if it's not in the right zone, shave from the top of the jug how much it is off. Before doing that, make sure your piston uncovers the ports, if not, add gaskets till it does. then measure squish and set. a quick balanced crank is as easy as drill 6 holes the right depth at 12mm wide. I'm assuming you've already cleaned the ports. You can widen them if you want, but don't change the height, make them kinda football shaped. American football.
seems like getting a dirtbike exhaust might just be harder than getting a new one since there is no junkyard in my city do you have any off the shelf option ?

also what are your toughts on dio reeds ? do they even do anything ?

Back