whats the first steps toward more performance

Does it kind of look like plastic? Whiteish material? I wonder what that would do to thw balance of it
The derlin plastic can be any color, the plastic epoxy I got is white. Most places dont have derlin, it's expensive & strong enough to make gears out of. Most plastic in stores is that cutting board stuff, its hdpe or uhmw plastic.

Wouldn't holes in the crank like that cause disturbances with airflow mixture?
Yes it could, thats also probably why your high end race cranks are stuffed. To restore your crankcase pressure or whatever its called & to help reduce turbulence

If its out of balance when you weigh it you can always drill 180* out to equalize it.
Whats the weight suppose to be? Diesel tech said he had a crank flywheel that was 19mm min is 15mm think so they would be different in weight

Whats the weight suppose to be? Diesel tech said he had a crank flywheel that was 19mm min is 15mm think so they would be different in weight
This is my thinnest flyweight thickness crank.

20220111_101932.jpg

The total thickness and weight is not really an issue because you are balancing rotating mass vs the reciprocating mass and want it to statically balance, as long as you didn't nick the rod your fine!

Back