What's The Next Performance Project On Your Bike?

5-7HEAVEN

Pipe dreams or definitely on the "to do" list, let's hear about your next move.

After installing my twin engines, I want to:

1) Raise the front engine/friction drive assembly at will, using cable and clutch lever.

2) Install rear HD rim, 12g spokes and 16t Staton hub w/7-gear.

3) Replace rear friction drive assembly with Staton chain drive gearbox.

4) Select Mits 43cc, 49cc pocketbike engine or 40cc Polini air-cooled engine for rear drive.

5) Install front suspension fork with disc brake and fabricate mounting bracket for friction drive. (Jeez I miss my suspension fork.)

6) Install two engine tachs and a speedometer.

Anyone else with wild dreams? It doesn't mean I'm gonna do all this, but I want to.

Installing a morini 9Hp 50 cc engine will be my next project on my bike ill wait until my engine will be ruin .:)

Shifter kit will be on the project front suspension fork with disc brake adaptor will be too .

Ive dreamt of making a silencer for my R/S35 so it would be nearly silent when riding.
You know like the ones screwed onto a Gu^ barrel. Of course it would have to be able to breath freely.

I'm thinking of getting an adaptor kit to change to a 26" rear wheel on my trike. I'd have to have the Wheelmaster build a new wheel.

^- Haha, Thats sick!

Van, Why are you looking to get a 26in wheel in the back of your trike? I would think a larger wheel would be a bit less durable and add weight that you don't necessarily need.

The idea behind a 26' on the trike was to raise my pedaling speed. Right now, I pedal out at around 25mph. I'd like to be able to pedal comfortably at 30 - 35. Durability of the wheel would not be a concern, but durability of the extensions might be. Maybe I'll go with getting a mid drive train gear cluster for the pedal-side. That would probably accomplish the same thing with less $, trouble, and weight (though weight is not a concern with the engine running).

Yeah the mid gear would be a better option as the larger wheel is going to change the gearing for your engine higher too, giving you less torque. I'm sure you'll figure it out. Do you want to be able to pedal at higher speeds just to stay warm or to show everybody you're riding a bike and not a motorcycle?

There are several long gradual downhill sretched on my commute. Not steep ebough to maintain speed by coasting, yet not really requiring the power I have available from the engine. I think I could get better gas mileage if I could supply human power for those stretches. And to show I'm riding a bike.

Back