What's the next step for performance?

noah9988

Local time
10:03 PM
I've done an expansion chamber, porting, boost port, decking, reed valves and windowed pistons, bigger carb, timing adjustments, and nitro. I really don't know what more I can do with this configuration. I researched Minarelli builds, but I don't have the ability to custom mount an exhaust. I could buy an entire engine but it's too expensive. Anyone have ideas on upgrades for a few hundred bucks that doesn't need welding? There is the Chinarelli but I don't know how much improvement that would be over a stock cylinder and my reed setup.

My steel sleeve CG engine runs strong, Lol scares most people that gets on it other than me. Thanks to all the professionals on here who helped me build it. Plus theres alot more power to get out of mine, but I havent got around to doing it yet.

Did you use a degree wheel before you went & ported your cylinder, & port mapped your cylinder. .030" or the gap of your spark plug in the wrong spot when porting can make your engine a turd. But porting in the correct areas can make that same engine a stick of dynamite!!! Porting cylinders is a art all in its self. I'm just learning port work & you definitely cant just take a dremel to your cylinder.

I've done an expansion chamber, porting, boost port, decking, reed valves and windowed pistons, bigger carb, timing adjustments, and nitro. I really don't know what more I can do with this configuration. I researched Minarelli builds, but I don't have the ability to custom mount an exhaust. I could buy an entire engine but it's too expensive. Anyone have ideas on upgrades for a few hundred bucks that doesn't need welding? There is the Chinarelli but I don't know how much improvement that would be over a stock cylinder and my reed setup.
How much nitropropane, or are you trying to mix nitromethane in gas?

I'm running 16-20 Oz a gallon. You have to lower compression and back the timing off to run that high of a content, but whooweee does it pull. This is on a 100cc steel sleeve jug.

How much nitropropane, or are you trying to mix nitromethane in gas?

I'm running 16-20 Oz a gallon. You have to lower compression and back the timing off to run that high of a content, but whooweee does it pull. This is on a 100cc steel sleeve jug.
I used 3oz of klotz nitro in 30oz of premix. Noticeable increase in power without changing compression or timing.

Whats the next step for performance???

Well here it is...guaranteed to win all races against your buddies on bikes...or cars for that matter...lol...Just make sure all your nuts and bolts are tight especially the wheel nuts...i recommend that you use lockwashers and blue locktite on everything...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...Before doing this, i recommend to make a pre-appointment at the local "shock trauma" unit, mental health services, and/or your friendly neighbourhood mortuary...lol.

Ps...Before doing this, i recommend to make a pre-appointment at the local "shock trauma" unit, mental health services, and/or your friendly neighbourhood mortuary...lol.
Don't worry about that, I live across the street from a cemetery and crematorium!

Don't worry about that, I live across the street from a cemetery and crematorium!
Don't worry too much about expensive caskets when your through...What they will scrape up off the pavement of whats left of ya, will fit very neatly in a 1 gallon size freezer baggie...lol...lol.

And cremation???...All i can think of is the first words of this song...lol...That is if they can be found when they scrape up whats left of ya into that baggie I mentioned already...lol.

Back