Whats the size & weight difference between a 30cc and a 66cc

matt4x4

Local time
2:49 PM
Whats the size and weight difference between a 30cc and a 66cc motor?

I ask because I want something I can use as a supplement to battery power. Not that I want both to run together, quite the contrary, I want battery power silence to run in parks and pathways, and gas power to run on roadways.

30cc? Why do you want to put a RC car engine on your bike? For neato sound effects?

you would probably want a 4-stroke rear wheel friction drive especially if you have a rear hub electric wheel. the reason is that if something goes wrong with an in-frame and rear sprocket motor it can damage or destroy your wheel. of course, the friction drive does wear out the tire but if you purchase a good tire it doesn't seem to be as big of a problem. they come in many motor sizes to match your needs and when disengaged it has no resistance on the bike while an in-frame chain drive has resistance from gears.

30cc? Why do you want to put a RC car engine on your bike? For neato sound effects?
KTOKTO, never underestimate the power of RC engines. The GP460 engine I used on friction drive ran 45mph on the flats.

Besides, you can install a Tanaka 32cc or smaller engines for much better reliability than China Girl engines.

you would probably want a 4-stroke rear wheel friction drive especially if you have a rear hub electric wheel. the reason is that if something goes wrong with an in-frame and rear sprocket motor it can damage or destroy your wheel. of course, the friction drive does wear out the tire but if you purchase a good tire it doesn't seem to be as big of a problem. they come in many motor sizes to match your needs and when disengaged it has no resistance on the bike while an in-frame chain drive has resistance from gears.

I'm running a Tanaka47R. w/in-frame chain drive. There is very little additional resistance from the extra 72t chain ring sprocket, 11t engine sprocket, transmission sprocket and 76mm bell. I can easily turn the foot pedals with my hand with the engine off. With the engine idling, the clutch slips enough to overcome what little chain drive resistance there is.

It'd be very simple to install a 22cc weedwhacker engine with friction drive. When you mount it on a gravity lever, there is no resistance.

In fact, there are brand new Tanaka 23cc engines on Ebay for the fantastic price of $50.00.

Yes I want reliability, but also want some speed. I am thinking 50kph average with the ability to go faster, ideally top speed of 70kph on the flats.
The only dimensions I got were 49cc 4 stroke is H9.5"xW11"xL9" 4 stroke Huesheng 2.5HP 49cc 4G
80cc 23lbs 2 stroke H8.5xL7xW5

Smaller wheels less torque requirements, maybe rear wheel gas and electric up front? Use the electric for lower end pulling out since you'd be doing parkways and such, and then gas to get it holding strong at roadway speeds without major battery consumption, as long as stop and go doesn't put too much extra strain on the battery.

Get a 2 speed hub for pedaling since I think you expect to do a bit of it, one geared good for low speeds or helping up hill and a higher gear for gas assistance at higher speeds.

Yes I want reliability, but also want some speed. I am thinking 50kph average with the ability to go faster, ideally top speed of 70kph on the flats.
The only dimensions I got were 49cc 4 stroke is H9.5"xW11"xL9" 4 stroke Huesheng 2.5HP 49cc 4G
80cc 23lbs 2 stroke H8.5xL7xW5

Wanting 50kph/31mph is not asking much. Expecting 70kph/44mph is asking a LOT.
I think you'll need more than a 49cc Hua Sheng engine and an electric hub to reach 70kph/44mph.

Been running a Tanaka 32cc on a 1999 Bladez stand up scooter...
Quick as heck and 18yrs old. Whoever engineered those engines is a genius with metallurgy

Back