What's the weight of a complete 4 stroke kit

michael whiteman

Local time
9:29 PM
Does anyone happen to know the weight of the box a complete 4 stroke E-bay kit comes in ?
If any of the sellers actually know they're not saying. I'm having an issue with E-bay. Thanks.

The 4 stroke 49cc engine is 16 lbs and everything else to mount it on a bike is 26 lbs
So your looking at a total weight of 42 lbs

INFO from Bicycle Engines.com
YEP...The 4 stroke kits in the box are always around 13 to 15 pounds heavier than the 2 stroke kits...DAMIEN

Thanks guys for the quick reply. I'll let everyone know how my situation turns out when the dust settles. Hopefully I can help prevent a newcomer from dealing with an issue like mine.

The 4 stroke 49cc engine is 16 lbs and everything else to mount it on a bike is 26 lbs
So your looking at a total weight of 42 lbs

INFO from Bicycle Engines.com
A Staton FD kit w/motor weighs in at 23lbs and it's pretty beefy w/the uchannel. Above weight seems not right. Are we sure on those #'s?

FDR-494-1.34 Honda GX50 49.4 cc 2.0 HP Four Cycle Engine Kit
Sale Price: $471.00
Compared at: $629.00
You Save: $158.00
Product ID : 4100
Weight: 23.00 lbs
Full kit not just the motor.

Last edited:
Are we sure on those #'s?
He wasn't talking just the engine weight but the mounting hardware, as well as sprocket, chain, kit stuff etc, with typyical Chinese knockoff kits from what ive gathered...Ill bet your Honda is lighter as well as much better built, no slag to weight it down more...lol...DAMIEN

Back