What's this oil ratio?

I agree. My problem was that I only had 3 dollars to get gas so I had to guess at the amount of oil to put in the fuel. As we all know, 3 dollars won't get you a gallon of gas anymore. The next time I will try and be able to get an exact gallon so I can measure correctly. I don't like guessing and I don't like running the wrong mixture, but dummy me did.

thanks Dave.

Here, gas is $4.15 a gallon- so $3 buys .722 gallons of gas....just check the gas pump and see how many gallons you have at the price around where you are.

Assuming the pump reads .722 gallons and you normally mix in 4.5 ounces of oil per gallon, just multiply .722 x 4.5 = 3.25- so mix in a hair over 3.2 ounces into .722 gallons and you will have your 28:1.

Thanks HoughMade. I will remember that. That's a good way to figure it out no matter how much gas you put in. Wish I had thought of that when I did it. Oh well. Once I run this tank out I will try to get the next one right on. I think I have it under control now. I put a little more gas in the tank this morning and it seems to be running better now. I think it's much happier.

thanks for the tip!

John, your motor is already broken in. Manufacturer recommends 32:1 after breaking in so it's safe to run at that ratio. 4 oz. of oil to a gallon of gas.

John, your motor is already broken in. Manufacturer recommends 32:1 after breaking in so it's safe to run at that ratio. 4 oz. of oil to a gallon of gas.

Thanks Jim, now I know that it's 32:1. I thought it was 28:1. ouch! Think I might need to put a little more gas in there :).

Running a lot of oil couldn't hurt anything, but running not enough oil could hurt everything!
I was running 7oz to a gallon when I was breaking in.

What engine are we on about here, the HT ?
We are advised 16:1 runnin and 20:1 after runnin and use high quality synthetic on a HT. I just stick to what I know, Valvoline or Castrol but will try Amsoil next when container runs out.

Yes we are talking about the HT... I just checked with the dealer of the Kings motor and they recommend 4oz to the gallon (32:1) after the break in so Jim is right about this particular engine.

hey guy's, it's easier if you do it the metric way! I run mine at 25:1 at the moment and it's running beautiful. 40Ml of oil to 1 litre of fuel. I want to try some synthetic at maybe 40:1, but mine still has the bushed little end.

Back