What's up with the Ambassador?

Called a shop this week and the guy said he sold the last 2 NE5's a couple of weeks ago and wasn't sure when he was getting any more in. I called another shop and the guy there said he is still waiting and too isn't sure when the new models are going to be delivered. Sounds like a very funny way to run a business.

new NE5 not available

Hi I have 2 nices used ones for sale here in Sacramento, not too far from you, if you really want one.

Mike

I still have a NEW 2008 Black NE5 for sale. It has been spoken for no less than 4 times but there is always a story when it come to the money part. The first $1850 gets it. I have the orig shipping crate to put it back into if needed. I uncrated it, assembled it, and adjusted carb, belts, etc to make sure everything was ok. Total of 16 miles on it to break it in. Ready to go. Would look good un der someones x-mas tree. 219-405-6845. Located in NW Indiana, 46310.

There was a 99NE for sale on Craigs list in LA a couple of days ago, it was listed for 1195. with only 36mi I think. Have fun, Dave

New, Unsold 2005 Ne5:

Hello...

The dealer where I bought my new, unsold 2005 NE5 for $1150 on Nov.1 has another new, unsold 2005 NE5 for the same price. It has less than one mile on the odometer.

It's the slip-clutch model, with coaster brake.

The color is Red.

Email me for more information.

HAL

Last edited:
Hey Info:

The "slip-clutch" Whizzer is the same drive configuration originally offerred in the 1948 Whizzer Pacemaker, the first complete Whizzer with engine already mounted in the Schwinn frame.

The clutch used a spring to provide contact tension for the drive belt between the clutch pulley and the rear wheel sheave. Releasing the clutch with the left-hand lever relieved the pull of the spring, allowing slack for the belt between the pulleys.

It's called a "slip-clutch", because it must be gradually "slipped" while the engine is revving to provide power, allowing the bike to pick up speed to the point where the clutch can then be fully engaged.

Vigorous pedaling of the bike will permit an earlier engagement of the clutch!

HAL

Last edited:
Back