What's your biggest mistake you made in your build?

ismellnownlatters

Local time
1:32 PM
Mine is going cheap and 2 useing a huffy Cranbrook and the bike. It's so much easier to put the rear sprocket on a multi gear wheel due to it's flange

Being the contrary person I am, I am going to say I have made no mistakes but I have learned a lot through trial and error. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I run a Cranbrook and I think it is very comfortable. Just the frame though. I have mags and disc brakes. Maybe the handlebars too are the originals.

It was just so hard to get that sporket on the huffy wheels nothing to help you keep it centered like on my multi speed rear wheels
if you try it again. Use shims between the hub and the sprocket. When I first got mine I watched a video for assembly instructions... lots of videos. One of them, the dude used cut zip ties as shims between the hub and sprocket to keep it centered...

My rim must be different there is nothing to shim against on the Cranbrook on my Kent there is but not on the Cranbrook

I've gotta say my biggest mistake on my bike has got to be that I am running the original rear wheel and coaster brake with no other brake. I know that I should be changing that, but until I can afford good parts to do it, it'll have to do. Also I have only pushed it to it's max speed once on a back road, and I am generally only running around at 15 to 20 mph.

Forgetting what happened with the LandRider and not replacing the rear stock axle in the Sidewinder with a cro-molly axle. Had to replace several spokes as a result.

The picture is what happens to stock axles in freewheel hubs.
20210913_203928.jpg

Hands down, it was screwing up the g-clips.

Popped out at 140 miles locked it up. Sheared it.

New jug, thought it was cleaned up. No, a bit was in the crankcase. I was chasing turkeys across a rutted field, it died. Found the bit in the cylinder wall.
One g-clip screwed TWO jugs.

Back