What’s your option on the best tires

shawnharris10

Local time
8:26 AM
I ride on the road daily and need new tires but I’m bad at decision making. Which is now why I have to ride a moto bike to and from work but I’m looking for a solid tire that’s good hold up. What’s your options?

Whatever tire you choose get kevlar lined or use a tire liner to help prevent flats. It's well worth the extra $$$. The LBTTQ crowd who ride 1000's of miles a year state that Schwalbe marathon tires last and do prevent flats. Even cheap tires w/a tire liner will work, Tuffy brand, Nomore flats etc.. Don't buy knobbies for road use, too many reasons to list.

I ride on the road daily and need new tires but I’m bad at decision making. Which is now why I have to ride a moto bike to and from work but I’m looking for a solid tire that’s good hold up. What’s your options?
Think I found one solid, thought it was giving me side wiggle but, it may of been due from a bracket for a trailer that shorten my bolt to where I only had 3-4 threads strip out my axel so I had re rig a few things got my nut on tight full threads and have not notice side wiggle got them from Aliexpress I think the China maker is for $21.00 free shipping took standard 2 weeks.
But, if you try to straddle a berm they well pull out. The key trick is to have a 20mm bead rim too small too large you're going to have another problem.

Attachments

• 20210621_154421.jpg
    20210621_154421.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 20210622_202043.jpg
    20210622_202043.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 124
I personally use Kendra 838. They're very affordable. If you're using 26" wheels another option you may want to consider is the Rubena V99 City Hopper.

Assuming you're looking for long-lasting tires, id say Maxxis hookworms are a good choice for all-around stuff (CST is the same company, just cheaper)

id consider Schwalbe marathons as well, but i haven't had any experience with those.

what kinda terrain we looking at? streets or more offroad based transportation.

Maxxis Hookworm x#. A better option, would be to get some moped rims and go to moped street tires that are speed rated. There is some good info on one of the ebike forums about changing out the rims using 19" moped or dirt bike rims.

Assuming you're looking for long-lasting tires, id say Maxxis hookworms are a good choice for all-around stuff (CST is the same company, just cheaper)

id consider Schwalbe marathons as well, but i haven't had any experience with those.

what kinda terrain we looking at? streets or more offroad based transportation.
I’m looking for something that’s gonna last and get the most miles of my tires.. I basically ride long paved county roads. I ride to work almost daily which is about 14 miles round trip. Thanks for the help.

Back