Whatsup Everybody

moronic_kaos

Local time
1:38 AM
Hi! My name is Kevin and I've owned a GoPed motor scooter for about a year now. I've done various mechanical things to it, such as replacing engine gaskets, rebuilding/replacing/cleaning carburators, replacing piston rings, and a few other such things. My problem is is that no matter what I do to it, its still going to be a motor scooter with 6 inch wheels that doesn't handle small bumps or potholes in the road very well. I'd like to take the engine (simple spindle drive) and attach it to an old BMX bike in my basement. I'm also using this as a school project for my last year of highschool. If all goes well, i'd like to do several projects like this, as I like the simplicity of working on 2-strokes, but they still present enough problems to always give you something to do.

I'm glad there is such a forum out here thats ACTUALLY active, that is several posts every day instead of one every week or so.

BTW, I've noticed everybody puts where they're from. I live in southern CT.

Last edited:
My problem is is that no matter what I do to it, its still going to be a motor scooter with 6 inch wheels that doesn't handle small bumps or potholes in the road very well.
The tiny wheels definitely limit top speed. If my friend took his GP460 off his GoPed Riot and put it on a bicycle... he'd prolly go 15~20mph faster. The Riot actually absorbs bumps or potholes better than any bike will, however... that C.I.D.L.I. suspension is AMAZING (suspension also found on Trail Ripper)!!! And I feel safer on a Riot as I'm lower to the ground & the wheels are much wider. You've just been sinking your money into the wrong GoPed, man!

BTW, I've noticed everybody puts where they're from. I live in southern CT.
Yes, follow that guide Graucho gave you... it talks about going to the User CP at the top of your screen and adding in your location... there are a few other settings you might wanna change, like showing 20 posts per page, for example.

welcome moronic caos..i know someone with one of those...he used to ride it on the streets... a friend of mine refuses to ride his motored bicycle with him...the fuzz seems to frown on those allot more than the bikes...my man cruzin, was out riding when the cops asked "what are these classified as?" he responded "pedal & motor assisted bicycle" at this moment they cant find a problem with us... cruzin also stated that it falls under 50cc and does not exceed 30 mph...that does not mean they havn't looked into our activity as there are about 10 of these things on the long beach peninsula in washington state...hope you just ride yours on the track and out of the main stream roads..good luck tho and be safe...:cool:

Back