Wheel bearings

Glad it worked out for you, now i wish it would of occurred to me to up size the axle to .50 inch, did you file the dropouts to accept the bigger axle?

Glad it worked out for you, now i wish it would of occurred to me to up size the axle to .50 inch, did you file the dropouts to accept the bigger axle?
Yeah. The dropouts were sloppy for the 3/8" axle so it wasn't much..

How far did you need to spread the dropouts to accommodate left side drive/disc?
I wanted to do this, but there just didn't seem to be any way to get enough chain clearance past disc, tire, and frame so i went with a jack shaft disc brake instead.

Stock being 135mm? So your at 151mm? Is wheel dished as well to add clearance to left? I may try this setup on next build

My bike was 110mm lol. It was a coaster brake frame. 16mm was the total spread and my wheel is dished about 2mm but that is for the 2.5" tires. I put the hub together with the freewheel, adapter, sprocket and disk to get the chain lines set then built the rim in the frame.

Last edited:
I started with 110 also, and spread it to 125, i think i have the room at the dropouts but could not clear a rotor inside the chain stay, did you do something to widen the distance between the chain and seat stays as well?

Back