Wheel Lock(sliding bolt type)

F

fetor56

Has anyone had any experience with these...looks like a good idea to lock your bike for short periods of time.I know their used extensively in India but this particular brand is made in Holland so quality wise it should be better.
http://www.bicycleworkshop.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b1s93p0
lock.jpg

But what would stop someone from just picking it up and walking away?
Might be okay with a second lock,but you may come back with a bike without your happy time engine,tank and rear wheel...with that lock on it yet.

But what would stop someone from just picking it up and walking away?
Might be okay with a second lock,but you may come back with a bike without your happy time engine,tank and rear wheel...with that lock on it yet.
As a said "short periods of time"....like going into the Deli for a sec.

For quick tethering I prefer a cable. At least then you can tie the bike to any loop able object (railing, tree, pole etc.) and its probably going to ward anybody off until they can take bolt cutters to the thing. Wheel locks are just going to save your wheels.

The general term for these I've heard is "ring locks". They are common accessories on lots of European bikes, and I have not much idea why because a lot of European riders say that even the better-made brands don't work well either. They don't provide much security, and they often clog up with dirt and rust and end up seized (hopefully open!).
~

Thanks for the info man...the reason i'm particularly keen on this type of lock is cos it's to be used on my front wheel with an expensive drum brake.

Cycle Frame Lock.

A friend bought these back from India(where their used extensively)
They work excellent for securing your bike for SHORT PERIODS.
P1010089.JPG

P1010091.JPG

They work excellent for securing your bike for SHORT PERIODS.
View attachment 11483

View attachment 11484

well -- maybe

but - for me -- that would have to be as in VERY SHORT PERIODS

I have had a bicycle stolen that was not locked to solid object...

these crooks are fast -- short period is all they need at times

when we owned our bicycle shop
buddy and I saw many, many of our customers bikes stolen...

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

Back